Journalists work with facts and figures of the political, economic, and social and entertainment world to piece together information for formal writing.
They write articles and stories for newspapers and magazines for the viewers and are responsible for conveying their findings in the stories and articles that they write.
The following sample resume that depicts a journalist’s qualifications and experience as they should be written on a resume. Have a look!
See also: Journalist Cover Letter
Journalist Resume Example (No Experience)
200 Rhodes Road, Reno, NV 88888
To obtain a Journalist position at The Times using strong knowledge of print media coupled with determination and perseverance to publish articles for public benefit.
• 5+ months’ hands-on experience in mass media and journalism
• Highly skilled in the strategic development of written documents for releases to the public
• Hands on experience in monitoring and covering multiple topics associated with the organization
• Focused on enhancements of organizational reputation to external audiences through engaging topics
• Proven record of building contacts to maintain a constant continuum of relevant facts
• Investigated and resolved a closed crime report of a missing infant. The case was closed in 2002 due to insufficient evidence
• Introduced and managed a column for crime reports on a daily basis based on facts of criminal activities in and around the city
Delta Papers – Reno, NV | Jan 2018 – Jun 2018
• Reported and wrote stories for publications
• Reviewed and evaluated copy for the proper use of grammar and punctuation
• Interviewed individuals to gain additional insight and record information
• Investigated media releases and attended conferences
• Gathered and verified factual information for use in writing content
• Organized materials and wrote stories according to prescribed editorial style
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism
Reno University, Reno, NV – 2017
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
• General understanding of current events
• Strong proofreading skills
• Excellent eye for detail
• Exceptional ability to multitask
• Strong familiarity with photography, video and audio content gathering