There is only one way that you can write a resume for a legal assistant position (when you have no experience), and that is to put all your focus on impressing the person who will read it – aka, the recruiter.
The first thing that you have to remember is that no experience does not automatically translate into “no chance.”
In fact, you have a great chance of being considered for a legal assistant position if your resume is built correctly.
Technically, you should highlight your knowledge of the work when writing a resume for a legal assistant position. Your interest in the position should be clearly seen in your writing. It is important to note that your resume will float around skills, competencies, and academic record, so you have to make this information strong.
Here is a resume sample for a legal assistant position for you to go through, so that you can write your own:
Legal Assistant Resume No Experience
211 Santa Street, Hampton, NH89304
A diligent, resourceful, and ambitious individual, with great interest in providing administrative as well as legal support to attorney units. Qualified to conduct research on relevant laws and organizing and maintaining documents in an appropriate manner.
– Case Investigation
– Evidence Gathering
– Exhibits Handling
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
New Hampshire State University, Hampton, NH – 2018
• Directed the activities of 3 university clubs, one of which received international recognition
• Received accolades for final year dissertation on required legal bills within the country
San and San Law Firm, Hampton, NH | 1/2019 – 5/2019
• Checked case files and investigated facts regarding assigned cases
• Conducted research on laws, and precedents, and provided the required feedback
• Arranged for evidence to be correctly handled for trial purposes
• Drafted correspondence and legal documents
• Assisted lawyers by handing exhibits and evidence during trials
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Honored for representing the university in 2 law seminars held in Keene, NH
• Attained Student of the Year Award 2 times, for excellence in academics
Fluent in English, French, and Chinese.
• Volunteered services at three orphanages, for the last 5 years
• Lead a team of volunteers on a citywide cleanup mission