Botanists explore the biology of all types of plants in order to increase scientific knowledge. They apply this knowledge in areas such as conservation and management of natural resources, agriculture, forestry, horticulture, medicine, and biotechnology.
The following Resume Sample for a Botanist job will provide you with the idea to make your resume.
Sample Resume for Botanist Position
Anna L. Johnson
17 5th Street, Houston, TX 65555
Driven and results-oriented Botanist seeking a challenging position in a reputed company taking advantage of my qualifications and botany skills.
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS & SKILLS AS A BOTANIST
• Over 11 years of experience as a botanist
• In-depth knowledge of conducting floristic surveys in Northern Texas
• Extremely interested in plants and research
• Working experience of federal and state rare species act and wetland permitting
ABC Company – Houston, TX
2012 – Present
• Rummage around for classifying new species of plants and categorize plant specimens
• Work with other botanists to build up drugs, medicines, and additional products from plants
• Examine the effects of ecological factors for example rainfall, hotness, sunlight, soil, topography, and infection on plant development
• Prepare technical reports and papers
• Supervise and organize the work of technical support staff
TYL LLC – Houston, TX
2008 – 2012
• Arranged handbooks for plant identification
• Studied the life and rate of plant chromosomes, cells, and tissues
• Used PC for information and data storage, and for the examination of data
• Grew plants in prescribed conditions to review the significance of ecological and genetic variables
• Studied the genetics of plants using biochemical and molecular methods in the laboratory and so decide the patterns of plant development
The University of Texas, Austin, TX – 2007
Bachelor of Science in Botany
Wetland delineation training
Strong Professional References Available
Tip: Don’t just copy and paste this resume but make necessary changes before sending it to the employer.