As a research technician, you need to be extremely careful when writing a cover letter.
Make sure that your cover letter is perfectly tailored to meet the demands of the prospective employer.
A particular focus should be placed on:
- Ability to perform standard laboratory procedures, including maintaining cell structures.
- Any knowledge of technical subjects such as biochemistry or molecular biology.
- Excellent thinking abilities – you will have to decide on which testing procedures to use and how to execute them flawlessly.
When a prospective employer sees this information on a cover letter, he/she will be tempted to invite you for an interview.
Take a look at the following cover letter sample for a research technician position. Feel free to modify it as per your experience and skills.
Research Technician Cover Letter Example
90 Peel Drive
Wilmington, De 24178
April 21, 2022
Ms. Tina Gardner
Downstate Medical Center
90 Peel Drive
Wilmington, De 81272
Dear Ms. Gardner:
As a proactive and technical-minded professional, I am applying for the Research Technician position at Downstate Medical Center.
The breadth of my experience lies in deriving precise data to support scientific investigations. I am very talented in:
- Operating and maintaining computer and lab equipment
- Gathering, interpreting, and recording relevant research and data
- Assisting scientists with different aspects of research.
- Analyzing specific substances
- Preparing specimens
- Handling pH meters, pipetting machines, and centrifuges
- Collecting data and ordering inventory
- Examining quality control
Owing to my hunger for knowledge, I keep myself abreast of technical developments that promise to save testing time and improve reliability.
I would value the opportunity to discuss the possibility of my working as a research technician at SUNY Downstate Medical Center and will call you next week to decide on a mutually convenient interview date. Until then, I can be reached at (000) 444-4512.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.