Sales executives contribute highly to an organization by building the business. They identify prospects and follow up on them to generate business.
They are expected to identify business opportunities and analyze sales options. Their primary target is to meet sales goals set by the management and to foster meaningful relationships with both existing and prospective clients.
Employers tend to screen candidates with a lot of precision when hiring a sales executive. If you feel that you need some assistance in applying for a sales executive job, the following resume sample will help you.
Related: Sales Executive Cover Letter Sample
Sales Executive Resume Sample
702 Deutz Avenue
Trenton, NJ 93839
“Sales hunter” with a proven record of exceeding sales targets.
Proactive and energetic sales professional with 15 years of hands-on experience in strategic planning and execution along with a profound ability to work towards set sales goals for the company. Known for creating sales techniques to enter into new markets, developing new and potential accounts, and designing and implementing targeted sales goals. Thorough understanding of current market trends and consumer buyer behavior.
• Account management • Needs Recognition
• Territory management • Client relationships
• Prospecting • Cold calling
• Researching • Product presentation
• Prospects identification • Events handling
• Fast learner • Materials development
• Reports preparation • Negotiation
• Increased the company’s sales by an escalating 52% by employing strategic sales programs based on positive interaction.
• Conducted workshops on managing and maintaining effective customer service skills to orchestrate an increase in sales.
Total Runners – Trenton, NJ
May 2013 – Present
• Build customer pipelines for expected business.
• Solicit existing and new customers for business opportunities.
• Promote and sell the company products.
• Offer discounts and deals where appropriate.
• Promote the business by working closely with the marketing department.
• Liaise with suppliers.
• Create detailed proposed quotations.
Henkel – Los Angeles, CA
Apr 2009 – May 2013
• Presented and sold company products and services to current and potential clients.
• Attained sales goals and objectives through the key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Managed all administrative aspects of the role promptly.
• Identified, focused, and developed growth plans.
Bachelor of Business Administration
University of California – Los Angeles, CA
Majors: Sales & IT
Computer: MS Office Applications
Multilingual: English, Spanish, and German
“I am a high-energy and hard-working sales professional who is fearless and hates to lose.”
Sales Executive Duties and Responsibilities
If you are thinking of writing a sales executive resume, you may want to have a look at the following list of duties you can write in the experience section of your resume.
- Identify business opportunities and target markets
- Make initial customer contact through visits or calls
- Identify each potential customer’s needs
- Formulate business proposals according to customers’ business needs
- Negotiate prices and variations in prices and specifications
- Follow up on service and product once the delivery has been made
- Manage account management and expansion tasks
- Develop new opportunities and close existing ones
- Build meaningful relationships within the company and outside
- Develop detailed territory plans
- Ensure appropriate and timely delivery of service and products
- Research market trends and products
- Arrange meetings with potential clients
- Resolve objections to getting the customer to buy a product
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure appropriate product delivery
- Check the quantity and quality of products before delivery
- Record sales information and maintain customers’ records
- Make rapid calculations of costs to provide temporary quotations
- Prepare sales reports by analyzing and summarizing information
- Review self-sales performance intending to improve it