Carpenter helpers usually deal with finishing, repairing and constructing wooden objects, performing duties of lesser skill.
Their primary job duties include using, supplying/holding materials or tools and cleaning work area and equipment.
Therefore s/he must be 18 or above years of age and have valid identification. The carpenter helper should know the use of basic toolkit and should also possess carpentry skills.
To get a job, you need an effective resume and cover letter for Carpenter Helper position. The following sample will help you writing a customized resume for a perfect job application.
Sample Carpenter Helper Resume
8876 Blue Avenue – Jacksonville, FL 92255
Bringing great passion and carpentry knowledge to assist lead carpenters with their projects effectively.
• Hands on experience in building and installing wall and column forms
• Substantial knowledge of establishing structural deck forms
• Proficient in running related hand and power tools
• Able to envision all steps in assigned tasks
• Proven ability to read blueprints
• Highly skilled in installing form footings
• Thorough understanding of building layouts
• An incomparable talent of setting slab on grade forms
• Received bonus by expertly using general construction tools in the construction/remodeling process for STS
• Rewarded for stain-grade trim work, drilling and setting door hardware
• Designed layout for stairs and common rafters at Caldwell International
• Appreciation certificate for organizing all assigned tasks promptly
Skilled Trades Services– Honolulu, HI | 2007 – 2011
• Correctly rigged and hoisted material.
• Conveyed materials and tools about the job site.
• Dug shallow holes or trenches to support posts and braces.
• Held lumber in place for carpenters to nail in form building.
• Cleaned wooden, metal or other concrete forms.
• Worked as a safe and productive member of a construction crew.
• Assisted in concrete placement in various elements.
• Transported and unloaded needed materials to job sites.
Caldwell International – Atlanta, GA | 2005 – 2007
• Installed structures/fixtures such as windows, frames & floorings.
• Followed established safety rules and regulations maintaining a safe & clean environment.
• Shaped/cut materials to specified measurements using hand tools and machines.
• Measured and marked cutting lines on materials using a ruler, pencil, chalk & marking gauge.
• Removed damaged/defected parts of structures and repaired/replaced them using hand tools.
• Prompted resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur.
Everest Technical College – Denver, CO | 2005
Diploma in Carpentry
Scarsdale High School – New Orleans, LA | 2003
High School Diploma
• Specialization in basic hand tools
• Mathematical and analytical focus
• Vigorous in taking directions
• Hardworking and organized
• Exceptional ability to exert heavy physical effort
• Professional demeanor