Resume and cover letter are essential documents to apply for a grocery clerk position.
As an entry-level grocery clerk, your concentration should be on writing a resume that impacts the hiring manager in a positive manner.
This can be done if you ensure that all areas of your resume reflect your skills perfectly.
In the entry level grocery clerk resume, ensure that you highlight your knowledge of packing and placing groceries in the right shelves and aisles.
Also, mention any past volunteer or internship experience that may relate to this work.
Concentrating on academic skills and achievements will also help the hiring manager understand what kind of an individual you are, and what you bring to the table.
To see how you can write an entry level grocery clerk resume, take a look at the following sample:
Sample Resume for Entry Level Grocery Clerk With No Experience
922 Tenth Street, Dayton, OH 57002
Dedicated and resourceful individual, with excellent knowledge of maintaining assigned grocery store areas to ensure operational efficiency. Able to demonstrate excellent commercial awareness, and courtesy, in order to ensure repeat business opportunities.
High School Diploma
Dayton High School, Dayton, OH – 2019
• Named Best Student for continuously staying at the top of the class in an academic capacity
• Chosen as one of three students to represent the school in an international shop fair, held in Beijing, China
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Customer Services
• Store Cleanliness
• Retail Assistance
• Store Display
• Visual Merchandizing
• Order Processing
Customer Service Intern
Sam’s Groceries, Dayton, OH
2/2020 – 5/2020
• Welcomed customers and helped them in locating products
• Kept shelves properly organized and cleaned
• Assisted customers with questions, and problems
• Received and inspected incoming stock, as per set rules and regulations
• Set up visual merchandising displays by following instructions
• Accurately restocked run-out products
• Supported cashiers with checkout, bagging and delivering processes
• Cleaned and maintained shelves and assigned store areas
• Provided feedback on low stock, and ensured timely delivery
• Selected products in order to fulfill online orders
• Ensured proper rotation and placement of green groceries such as fruits and vegetables
• Escalated complaints to sales managers, with the aim to retain customers
• POS Operations
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Volunteered services to help the flood victims with rehabilitation, during the aftermath of the Ohio floods
• Offered free services at a local hospice for 5 years