Writing an effective sales resume is not a big problem, but choosing the right format is. And this is where many of us get stuck.
The information that we want to put on a resume often comes easy as we know what we have done and what qualities we have. But choosing how to display it in a format is confusing.
With hundreds of people giving thousands of pieces of resume format advice, it can become confusing.
The best way to go about it is to choose the format that is the least confusing.
Straightforward formats always work better than those intensely confusing ones, which we wrongly believe hiring managers like.
The following resume for a sales position will provide you with an idea of what format to use:
Related: Sales Cover Letter
Sales Resume Sample & Format
273 Spelling Bee Road, Columbia, MD 27369
SUCCESSFUL SALES PROFESSIONAL
Communication | Negotiation | Account Management
• Committed and target-oriented sales professional with documented success in creating and implementing sales strategies following the company’s sales mission.
• Proven ability to determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by analyzing market trends and results.
• Highly skilled in establishing sales objectives by efficiently forecasting and developing sales quotas for designated regions.
• Hands-on experience in maintaining sales volume, product mix, and selling prices by keeping in sync with supply and demand and changing trends.
• Proficient in establishing rates and adjusting them by monitoring costs and competition.
CORE SALES COMPETENCIES
– Market Trends Analysis
– Strategic Sales Planning
– Target Setting
– Productivity Maintenance
– Requirement Identification
– Performance Monitoring
– Programs Development
– Systems Improvement
– Competition Determination
– Team Development
EVERGREEN COMPANIES, Columbia, MD
(8/2010 – Present)
• Create and implement sales strategies to maximize profits through increased sales.
• Train sales officers and interns in handling sales pitches and following up on leads.
• Drive new business growth and develop strategic plans to expand and grow market share.
• Communicate with subordinates to provide them with information regarding market trends and competition.
• Perform activities to sell a broad-based product line and upsell additional products to the present customer base.
• Manage and direct sales within defined regions in a bid to achieve profit goals.
• Direct field distributors to meet customer and sales goals.
• Define and quantify new markets and businesses with detailed product requirements.
• Utilize designated sales pipeline systems to manage sales prospecting duties.
• Develop periodic sales plans and budgets and ensure that all sales activities are handled within the set budget.
• Met company and personal sales objectives by 100% between the years 2010 and 2014.
• Developed core sales strategies, which increased annual sales by 66%.
GSI Group, Columbia, MD
(1/2007 – 8/2010)
• Greeted customers and provided them with information on the company’s products and services.
• Assisted customers in locating products and provided them with information on features and benefits.
• Informed customers of new deals or discounts in a bid to entice them to buy additional products.
• Assisted customers in choosing the right product and led them through payment procedures.
• Packed purchases and arranged for them to be delivered to customers’ vehicles or homes.
• Implemented a new appraisal system, which increased the efficiency of describing performance standards for each sales team member.
• Acted as training head for 13 sales training per annum for foreign offices.
Bachelor of Business Administration
COLUMBIA BUSINESS COLLEGE, Columbia, MD – 2009
Member: American Society of Sales Professional