Sales advisors provide customers with solid advice on what to buy, by first deeply assessing their requirements. They are also responsible for a multitude of other things such as:
- dealing with complaints
- helping customer locate their choice of items
- monitoring shelves inventory
- stock control
- maintaining a clean and orderly environment in the store
Mostly, sales advisors work in a retail environment, but their role isn’t limited to retail only. Other business organizations also need the services os sales advisors.
Some important duties to add in sales advisor resume are given below:
Sample Job Duties for Sales Advisor Resume
- Approach customers as they arrive at the store and inquire about their choice.
- Ensure that a sales representative is assigned to each customer and oversee their interaction.
- Offer advice to customers on products in a bid to persuade them to buy them.
- Locate products on behalf of customers or provide them with directions on where to find them.
- Take orders for large purchases and ensure that they are properly recorded into the company ordering system.
- Monitor shelf’s inventory and replenish shelves as and when required.
- Paying special attention to display criteria such as product popularity and marketing rules.
- Handle negotiations with customers and vendors by remaining within the parameters of company policy and protocols.
- Represent the company at trade fairs and exhibitions.
- Project a positive view of the organization through effective communication and customer service.
- Handle client inquiries, complaints, and suggestions to ensure consistent service quality and ensure return business.
- Train sales associates to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Help staff in achieving their own targets and those of the company.
- Assist marketing and promotion teams in setting up store displays.
- Ensure that specific information regarding each new product or product range is acquired.
- Proactively seek out customers through marketing initiatives.
- Inform customers about products and services specific to their interests and requirements.
Typically, a sales advisor will need a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, with a major in sales. If one has worked in a sales role before, it will definitely be helpful for his candidature.
Besides that, some experience in handling cash registers, technical savviness, and capability to balance a customer-oriented and results-driven approach is also required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also imperative in this job. Equally important is physical and mental stamina since one has to work for long hours each day.