If you feel that an objective statement makes your resume stronger, use it. But fluffy resume objectives and those that say little, actually waste your time – and that of the recruiter. Badly written resume objectives give off the impression that you have no idea what you are doing.
Purpose of a Resume Objective
• Provide the candidate with a reference point in constructing the resume
• Indicate a connection between the type of position that you are looking for and the kind that the employer is offering
• Assure the recruiter that you have career goals and direction
Tips for Writing Effective Sales Advisor Objectives
• One to three specifically written statements are sufficient to pass off as career objectives. Recruiters won’t waste their time in trying to figure out what you are looking for, and as soon as they see you rambling with useless information, they will put your resume down and pick up another one.
• State only one title in a single objective. When you state multiple functional areas, you are dividing the attention of the recruiter, making your candidature weak.
• Do not use clichéd phrases such as “a challenging and interesting position”, “opportunity for advancement” and “progressive organization”.
• Develop employer-focused objectives rather than self-focused ones. Use this opportunity to state the contributions that you can make to the company.
• Never use “I” in a career objective
Some examples of career objectives for sales advisor position are provided below:
• Looking for a Sales Advisor position with Topshop. Offers unmatched ability to generate leads using novel avenues and building up on them to ensure increased business opportunities.
• Seeking a Sales Advisor position at The Retail Hub. Bringing strong dedication to meeting and exceeding sales goals. Adept at covering all retail locations so that they are in sync with merchandising and sales efforts.
• Desire a Sales Advisor position at Drive Time. Offering expertise in providing pertinent sales advice to customers with the view of generating revenues and increasing sales.
• To obtain a Sales Advisor position with H & M employing exceptional acumen in overseeing and working with team members to achieve both personal and store goals.
• To work as a Sales Advisor for Sirius Computer Solutions. Eager to apply excellent skills in providing purchase advice to customers and soliciting prospective customers to attract them to the company’s products and services.
• Seeking a position as a Sales Advisor at Macy’s. Proven record of promoting the company’s products by holding demonstrations and providing excellent aftersales services.
Last updated on