Before you write the skills section on the sales advisor resume, you should research on your objective and target audience. Once you are aware of what the prospective company is expecting, you can modify your skills statements accordingly.
There are some soft skills that are important for every job. These include:
- Verbal and written communication
- Customer service
- Friendly disposition
- Attention to detail
You may mention the above-mentioned skills in your sales advisor resume. But you should also add some hard skills statements in your resume.
Going through the following list of sales advisor skills will make it easy for you to add them to your resume. You may add these phrases either in the skills or qualifications section of your resume.
11 Sample Skills for a Sales Advisor Resume
- Demonstrated expertise in utilizing consultative approaches to close sales, by effectively recommending customers on product range available.
- Exceptionally well-versed in providing impartial advice to customers to ensure that they purchase the right products.
- Hands-on experience in determining each customers’ specific requirements and suggesting the correct service or/and product to them.
- Competent in handling inventory and stock control procedures, with a special focus on ensuring continuity of product range items.
- Highly experienced in dealing with customer complaints and suggestions with a view to ensuring repeat business and customer loyalty.
- Well-versed in arranging merchandise on shelves according to set criteria such as product popularity and marketing protocols.
- Proficient in ensuring that the store environment is conducive to customer navigation.
- Adept at creating new business through hotspot mini promos and planned events.
- Deeply familiar with reaching out to potential customers and existing ones to provide them with information on new product ranges.
- Proven track record of effectively acquiring, building, and maintaining active client books and exceeding periodic sales targets.
- Proficient in communicating with decision-makers to develop community relationships and to explore prospective events, aimed at increasing brand awareness.