The job application process for a sales advisor position has changed significantly due to the arrival of new technologies. Resumes are now mostly electronically scanned, prescreened, and stored for recruiters to look through at a later time.
Here are a few sales advisor resume format tips that will help you build a great resume:
- Use standard and plain fonts such as Times New Roman, Calibri, and Courier using size 10-12 pt.
- Avoid borders, shading, or graphics on your resume.
- Print your resume on a high-quality paper through a laser printer on one side only.
- Send an original or high-quality copy – preferably unfolded in a flat envelope – to avoid creasing.
Your resume for a sales advisor position should look something like this:
Sales Advisor Resume Example
87 Heritage Lane, Norwich, VT 22555
glenmurray @ email . com
Eager to exceed the expectations of the employer as a dedicated member of the sales team.
Target-oriented and personable sales advisor with 8+ years’ success in achieving and exceeding periodic sales targets through effective communication and client retention procedures. Track record of developing community relationships and exploring potential events to increase brand awareness
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Firsthand experience working cross-functionally to ensure on-time stocking, replenishing, displaying, and merchandising.
• Proven ability to effectively work with team members to ensure the maintenance of selling floors, cash points, and fitting rooms.
• Focused on building client bases by efficiently following up on leads and converting them into recurring business opportunities.
• Start-up Analysis • Merchandising
• Retail Fulfilment • Suggestive Selling
• Promotion and Marketing • Cash/Credit Transactions
• Merchandise Security • Aftersales Services
• Lead Generation • Dynamic Follow-up
• Market Trends • Pricing Analysis
TOPSHOP, Norwich, VT
(5/2011 – Present)
• Provide comprehensive product information to customers over the telephone, email and in-person
• Determine link selling opportunities that may end up in increased basket spend
• Actively monitor and provide sales teams with constructive feedback and regular coaching
• Generate leads and follow up on them to convert them into business giving opportunities
• Replenish stock and ensure that a high standard of merchandising and housekeeping is maintained constantly
• Deputize in the absence of floor manager by organizing daily tasks, including the associated paperwork
• Ensure that till point operations are carried out in accordance with company guidelines
• Stay alert regarding fraudulent activities and suspicious behavior and take action when required
• Indulge in suggestive selling techniques in a bid to increase sales
• Listen to and resolve complaints in a proactive manner in a bid to retain customers
Key Accomplishments and Results
• Determined current market trends and created and implemented correlating sales programs, resulting in gaining 20% of the market share.
• Generated 521 leads in one day and managed to realize 366 of them within 4 weeks.
DRIVETIME, Norwich, VT
(8/2007 – 5/2011)
• Welcomed customers and inquired into their need for purchasing
• Provided customers with information on their desired products including product features and uses
• Assisted customers in making purchasing decisions and led them through the payment procedures
• Educated customers regarding after-sales services and warranties and ways of obtaining them
• Coordinated home deliveries by ensuring that they are sent on-time
• Answered questions and responded to complaints in person, over the telephone and by replying to emails
Key Accomplishments and Results
• Implemented a pricing analysis strategy that calculated competitors’ prices for similar products and provided analysis for change determination.
• Reined in a series of promotional activities which eventually led to an increase of 43% in the company client base.
Associate’s Degree in Arts
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Norwich, VT – 2006
“I am polite, energetic and presentable”