While sales representation in any field calls for highly persuasive candidates with profound convincing skills, a position related to Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) calls for the same even more.
Besides being in the highest demand, the FMCG industry is also one that faces the greatest competition.
To get hired as an FMCG sales rep, your resume must be exceptionally appealing and convincing.
How to Write a Professional Resume for FMCG Sales Representative Position?
Here are a few guidelines that can get your resume on the top of the pile and in for a job interview.
Clarity of purpose
Prospective employers and recruiters who probably go through hundreds of resumes per day, like to see resumes that are easy to comprehend.
Be very clear and specific in communicating the exact role you seek along with the meticulous competencies you offer.
Promote your candidacy just like a product.
Highlight the selling points of your professional profile amply and modify your campaign according to your audience’s (prospective employers’) preferences.
A well-written FMCG sales rep resume sample follows for further guidance in this regard.
FMCG Sales Representative Resume Example
221 Fountain Avenue
Richmond, VA 45903
SALES REPRESENTATIVE – FMCG
Focused and result-driven FMCG sales representative with a track record of exceeding given sales targets by a solid margin. Profound ability to maintain an updated knowledge pool regarding various product features and specifications. A highly persuasive individual with proven communication and interpersonal skills, fully knowledgeable of ISO-9001 standards and requirements
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Order Booking – Supply Reordering
– Clientele Enhancement – Delivery Scheduling
– Aftersales Service – Price Negotiations
– Deal Closing – Product Demonstration
– Telephonic Marketing – Door To Door Promotion
– Complaint Handling – Market Analysis
JOHNSON & JOHNSON, Richmond, VA
Jun 2012 – Present
• Identify and develop the market for assigned products, negotiate and close beneficial sales deals.
• Give demonstrations and presentations to upsell various products.
• Maintain an updated knowledge pool regarding the features and specs of assigned products.
• Provide exemplary post-sales services to expand referral clientele.
• Attracted additional clientele for a cosmetic product line worth a profit of up to $35000 through creative sales strategies and product presentations
• Exceeded sales targets for the year 2014 by 200%
COLGATE-PALMOLIVE, Richmond, VA,
Nov 2009 – May 2012
• Assisted the sales rep in field research, identification of target market, and making impactful product promotion presentations.
• Booked orders and ensured timely delivery of ordered products.
• Kept the management informed of sales progress through weekly reporting.
• Identified market for and revived dying sales of a skincare product targeting a certain age group and saved the company from a loss of $1.2M
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Psychology
Community College, Richmond, VA – 2009
• Trilingual: English, Spanish and French
• PC Proficient