Room attendants are employed by hotels, restaurants, and private homes. They take care of rooms and keep the assigned area clean, neat, and ready for guests.
Some typical duties of a room attendant include:
- Replacing stocks of guest supplies like shampoo and soap
- Changing towels and bed linen
- Replenishing drinks in the mini-bar
- Making beds
- Dusting and polishing furniture
- Vacuuming floors
If you are applying for a room attendant position, then make sure that you write an employee-centered resume.
That being said, generic resumes for room attendant positions are deemed candidate-centered, making employers feel that you are in it for yourself only.
When you send a customized resume, you pave the way for yourself as employers tend to believe that you want to contribute to their cause genuinely.
Here are 2 sample resumes for your guidance.
Room Attendant Resume Sample 1
nickpalm @ email . com
Results-oriented Room Attendant who is acknowledged for talents in providing exceptional housekeeping services in sync with customer service protocols. Highly experienced in reviewing daily inventories of rooms, arrivals, and departures and performing quality cleaning services. Efficiently performs daily cleaning of guestrooms in accordance with the standards.
• Room Sanitation • Waste Disposal
• Inventory Management • Supplies Replenishment
• Stock Replacement • Laundry Service
• Repair/Maintenance • Equipment Operations
• Guest Assistance • Minibar Monitoring
• Guest Security • Room Status Identification
Holiday Inn, Maywood, NE
• Implement a safe waste disposal procedure that ranked the hotel on level 1
• Streamline inventory control procedures by ensuring that procurement activities are managed within the first five days of the month, resulting in no low stock issues eventually
• Greet guests after they check in and assist them in locating their rooms
• Demonstrate the use of electronic keys to new guests and provide them with information on how to store them
• Assist guests in storing their luggage in the rooms and provide information about paid and complementary items in the minibar
• Handle cleaning and maintenance duties within guestrooms, including dusting and vacuuming
• Empty wastebaskets and ashtrays and ensure that waste disposal activities are performed in a safe manner
• Replenish bathroom supplies and make sure that bathrooms are cleaned/washed and sanitized frequently
Hyatt, Maywood, NE
• Managed to retain a regular customer who threatened to “take business elsewhere” (due to an error made by another room attendant), by providing him with exceptional services prior to checkout, resulting in him changing his mind
• Performed periodic heavy cleaning of guest rooms by following strict sanitation standards
• Attended to guests’ specific requests, especially for additional services, in a prompt manner
• Maintained a welcoming and home-like environment aimed at making guests feel valued and welcome
• Handled guests’ laundry needs and change linen as and when required or requested by guests
• Reported any maintenance or repair issues to the management and handle minor problems such as changing bulbs in a prompt manner
• Assumed the responsibility for items left behind by guests by ensuring that they are handed over to the manager
High Hotels, Maywood, NE
• Swept and mopped floors in rooms, hallways, waiting areas, and offices
• Vacuumed and shampooed carpets and ensured that curtains and blinds were properly cleaned and maintained
• Scrubbed bathroom and kitchen floors and counters and made arrangements for sanitation procedures to be carried out
• Collected soiled linen and towels from guest rooms, restrooms, and kitchen properly tagged them, and transported them to the laundry area
• Replenished supplies such as soap, shampoo, and towels in guestroom bathrooms and lobby restrooms
High School Diploma
St. Adam’s High School, Maywood, NE – 2001
Room Attendant Resume Sample 2
Bringing exceptional hospitality, cleaning, and customer service skills.
- Over 7 years of a successful track record as a room attendant
- Highly skilled in cleaning and sanitizing rooms and lobbies
- Able to take orders from guests timely and efficiently
- Enthusiastic about working the day, night, and weekend shifts
- Computer: MS Office Word and Excel
Star Hotels & Resorts – Edmonton, AB
May 2020 – Present
- Stock and systematize cleaning carts and linen closets on assigned floors
- Perform laundry operations and cleaning duties
- Clean bathroom, restroom, and bedroom areas in compliance with the established standards
- Dust appliances and furniture
- Brush and polish fixtures
- Clean tubs, showers, sinks, and lavatory items
ABC Bar – Calgary, AB
July 2016 – May 2020
- Made beds and changed linen
- Replenished guest amenities and supplies
- Removed garbage from rooms and lobby
- Reported problems, and lost and found articles to the supervisor
- Cleaned and maintained the overall look of guest rooms
- Mopped and waxed floors
- Swept and vacuumed floors and carpets
High School Diploma
Edmonton High School, Edmonton, AB
- Dynamic personality and a friendly attitude
- Outstanding people skills
- Able to lift more than 40 pounds
- Bilingual: English and French
Duties and Responsibilities for Room Attendant Resume
- Prepare rooms by sweeping, mopping, and dusting before new guests check in.
- Turn mattresses and change linen on a regular basis or in sync with guests’ requests.
- Make beds by placing fresh linen and ensure that all soiled and dirty linen and covers are transported to the laundry area.
- Wash and sanitize bathrooms and replenish supplies such as soap, shampoo, and towels.
- Vacuum carpets and drapes and ensure that they are washed on a regular basis.
- Replenish items in the minibar according to set standards.
- Ensure that a record of consumed minibar items is maintained.
- Accompany guests to their rooms and provide them with information on complementary items such as drinks and fruits.
- Deliver and retrieve items such as irons and ironing boards to guests and provide them with security instructions.
- Empty waste paper bins and ashtrays and ensure that all waste is properly disposed of or sent for recycling.
- Polish furniture and fittings according to established protocols and by safely using cleaning chemicals.
- Make a proper log of all required items and incidents.
- Gather laundry from guests’ rooms, deliver it to the laundry area, and ensure that clean laundry is handed over to the guests.
- Dust and polish furniture and ensure that rugs and carpets are vacuumed on a daily basis.
- Occasionally wash carpets and curtains and ensure that they are adequately dried before declaring the room ready for occupation.
- Respond to guests’ requests by ensuring that they are handled in a time-efficient manner.
- Coordinate laundry and room services for guests in a bid to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Handle hazardous materials or situations immediately.
- Report any inconsistencies or nefarious activities judged within guest rooms to the supervisor immediately.
- Report any obvious or dangerous room defects or fabric damage to the housekeeping manager.
Room Attendant Skills for Resume
- Washing and folding linens
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents
- Room Sanitation
- Waste Disposal
- Inventory Management
- Supplies & Stock Replenishment
- Minibar Monitoring
- Guests’ Security
- Room Status Identification
- Cleaning equipment operations
- Lost and found
- Verbal and written communication
- Friendly disposition
- Dedicated and careful
- High level of accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Physical dexterity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work under pressure
- Calm temperament
- Professional appearance
- Helping others