Housekeeping Room Attendants or Hosts contribute to the organization to attain a high level of guest service. They greet and assist guests while maintaining high standards of excellence.
They are required to create an outstanding experience for hotel guests by offering them a ‘better than home’ environment with a welcoming, accommodating, and extraordinary service.
Room attendants also maintain the sanitation standards of the guest rooms.
A high school diploma along with some cleaning experience, as well as excellent communication skills are prerequisites for this job.
If you are seeking a position as a room attendant, you need to build a good resume to get an interview.
The following sample resume will help you make a good resume for a room attendant position.
Sample Skills-Based Resume for Room Attendant Position
25 Pacific Avenue
Peterborough, ON 1C1 D5S
Talented and forward-thinking hospitality professional with 8-plus-years successful track record as a Room Attendant. Known to focus attention on guests’ needs. Highly responsible and reliable with the ability to remain calm and friendly at all times. Enjoy working in a team-oriented environment. Eager to meet and exceed sales and customer service goals.
• Ability to work independently
• Mobility and staying power
• Good communication skills
• Workplace Hazardous Materials
• Information System (WHMIS)
• Very professional attitude
• Customer service acumen
• Time management
• Ability to follow instructions
The City Hotel, Peterborough, ON
2014 – Present
• Dust and clean room decorations, appliances, and structural surfaces
• Change linen and make beds
• Clean showers, tubs, sinks, and toilet items
• Vacuum and brush carpets and floors
• Mop floors as required
• Dust, brush, polish, and vacuum furniture
• Record room condition on work assignment sheets
• Give information to guests regarding hotel services and facilities
Hyatt, Peterborough, ON
2009 – 2014
• Provided information to guests regarding local attractions/services
• Prepared rooms for guests
• Responded to particular guest requests, such as delivering newspapers or cleaning a spill
• Listened to the guests’ requests or complaints and acted accordingly
• Reported lost and found articles, safety problems, or particular room issues to the supervisor
• Maintained storeroom and stocked carts
• Transferred linen from the maintenance cart into the laundry cart
• Removed worn guest amenities, and handled garbage
• Refilled guest amenities and supplies
Diploma in Hospitality
CITY COLLEGE OF ONTARIO, Peterborough, ON