Dining room attendant handle a variety of tasks within a restaurant, including making sure that all tables and chairs are clean and the soiled table cloths are taken away and cleans ones installed. It is the work of a dining room attendant to make sure that tables are properly bussed with plates, cutlery and glasses and that everything is nice and clean.
As a dining room attendant, you will be performing many tasks in which you will need to be in constant contact with customers. This is why it is important for a dining room attendant to be extremely well-mannered and know the restaurant business completely. You will need to possess some information of what the restaurant business is all about as well.
Typical requirements to work as a dining room attendant include a high school diploma or a GED. If this is what you intend to do, you will need to be physically dexterous (as you will be on your feet most of the day) and possess great customer service skills.
• Greet restaurant patrons and escort them to their tables
• Ascertain that a waiter or waitress is assigned to each patron or group that comes in
• Assist waiters in taking and recording orders
• Serve water and welcome drinks to patrons
• Relay orders to the kitchen area and ensure that all condiments are placed on the tables
• Replenish water and drinks as needed and inquire if patrons need to order additional ones
• Clean tables and chairs and ensure that clean tablecloths are placed
• Bus tables with plates, glasses and cutlery
• Ascertain that soiled dishes are taken away and replaced by new ones
• Assist kitchen personnel in preparing, garnishing and portioning food items
• Set up banquet rooms and buffet tables in an aesthetic manner
• Ascertain that food items are constantly replenished in buffet dishes
• Supply service bars with food items such as soup and salads
• Provide dessert menus to patrons and take and serve their orders
• Maintain inventory of supplies such as condiments and napkins
• Coordinate efforts with procurement personnel to ensure on-time delivery of supplies
Last updated on