BSN Resume Writing Guidelines
It is highly recommended to format your resume smartly and optimize the keywords or job-relevant skills that you have to offer.
Keep your language formal but straightforward and use the terminology the employer has used in the advertisement.
If they have mentioned a need for “expertise in providing bedside care,” instead of writing “capable of ensuring resident patients’ comfort”, write the skill in the same language, i.e., an expert in providing bedside care.
See the example below to get ideas.
Related: Registered Nurse Resume
Sample Resume for BSN Position
856 Kale Ave
Plano, TX 65333
[email address here]
BSN-RN (ICU/Emergency Care)
Offering expertise in comprehensive assistance with surgeries, trauma, and illness. Adept at making diagnoses, administering IVs and oxygen. Track record of assessing physical and psychosocial needs of patients and take practical actions. Very skillful in developing a plan of care, evaluating the patient’s response to interventions, and implementing suitable changes.
- Participated in various unit specific nursing care quality improvement activities and training
- Served as Floor Nursing In charge for the past three years
- Created a sound, healing environment by practicing nursing within the framework of care based relationship building
Baylor Medical Help Center, Plano, TX
2020 – Present
• Monitor and document the progress of all patients admitted on the assigned floor
• Carry out effective communication with patient’s families
• Coordinate patient care for the entire unit within charge doctors
• Educate patients about chronic illness self-management
• Utilize evidence-based nursing care standards, observe and report patient response to variations in treatment
UPMC, Plano, TX
2018 – 2020
• Communicated changes in patient’s condition promptly to the concerned doctor
• Administered medications timely, as per the chart
• Supported the patient’s cultural, spiritual, and family needs
• Provided excellent bedside care to disabled patients
Volunteer Camp Nurse Assistant
Adventure Camp Lone Hollow, Plano, TX
• Provided health care and first aid services to camp members as needed
• Assisted the camp doctor in looking after the campers admitted to the camp’s health lodges
• Accompanied the campers off-site for clinic visits
Bachelors of Science in Nursing
NURSING SCHOOL OF TEXAS, Plano, TX, 2008
BLS: American Heart Association
Active RN License: State of Texas