A resume for a clothing store cashier position should be full of information regarding all skills and qualifications of the applicant.
Even though resumes are long and sometimes difficult to read, you have to make sure that yours is read.
That can be done by providing the right type of information.
Also, your knowledge of operating POS systems, and processing cash and credit card payments should be highlighted.
Similarly, information regarding knowledge of retail services should be added in the resume.
Below is a resume sample for a clothing store cashier position.
Clothing Store Cashier Resume Sample
278 Yorkshire Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL 48712
CLOTHING STORE CASHIER
Diligent and resourceful individual, with 12+ years of solid track record in operating POS systems, as well as processing card and cash payments. Ability to handle the retail end of the work, such as customer liaison and complaint handling. Known for providing excellent customer service at all times. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|First Tier Services||POS Operations||Drawer Balancing|
|Stock Rotation||Complaint Escalation||Payment Processing|
|Records Maintenance||Visual Merchandising||Loss Prevention|
|Discrepancy Management||Exchanges and Returns||Programs Handling|
• Implemented a unique loss prevention program, as a result, fewer loss incidents transpired.
• Introduced the concept of visual merchandising, hence increased customer interest.
• Explicitly devised a drawer balancing system, owing to which fewer discrepancies came about.
Clothing Store Cashier
Fashion Junction, St. Petersburg, FL 2012-present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the cash counter.
• Check items in order to determine prices.
• Scan items using tools such as hand scanners or system ones.
• Operate POS system to process cash and credit card payments.
• Tender change and bag customer’s purchases.
• Assist customers in finding their choice of products.
• Demonstrate product features and benefits.
• Lead customers through the payment procedure.
• Stock shelves in order to maintain a neat and organized appearance.
• Create and maintain effective relationships with vendors and backend personnel.
Macy’s, St. Petersburg, FL 2006-2012
• Escorted customers to their choice of aisles.
• Assisted customers in choosing the right item.
• Demonstrated product features so as to facilitate customers in decision making.
• Assisted customers in trying items such as tops, trousers, and sweaters.
• Stocked shelves according to the procedure.
• Dusted as well as organized shelves.
• Ensured that assigned areas were properly cleaned on a regular basis.
High School Diploma
St. Phillip’s High School, St. Petersburg, FL – 2005