Writing an impressive cover letter that really works for a store worker position is not a piece of cake. It is a tedious task that requires a lot of attention and expertise. To write a perfect cover letter, follow the tips given below.
• The cover letter should highlight your unique and job relevant qualifications, showing the employer what makes you the ideal candidate for the job.
• To make your cover letter exclusive, make sure you talk about why you want to join that particular company.
• Keep the size of letter less than one page in length and emphasize some core competencies in form of bullets.
• The basic purpose of a cover letter is to relate your candidacy to the job. Make sure you talk about the employer’s needs and how your profile caters for the same.
Below is a store worker cover letter sample for your guidance.
119, Heaven Ave • Lawton, OK 89332 • (009) 333 – 2222 • nile @ email . com
November 5th, 2014
Mr. Daniel Sanders
Martin’s Super Store
690 Alexander Blvd
Lawton, OK 89332
Dear Mr. Sanders:
During my experience at different stores as a store worker I have learnt that more than anything else, good stores need dedicated workers who are also proven salesmen. My record as a result-driven store worker speaks for itself:
• 8+ years of productive store work experience with track record of enhancing sales of the allotted section through demonstration of strong salesman skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability of assisting customers in choosing the product they want in a courteous, polite and professional manner.
• Highly effective in stock inventory maintenance, creating visually appealing product displays, labeling all products accurately and neatly stacking products in the storage section.
• Sound knowledge of and ability to effectively operate various store equipment including price tagging machines, item counters, POS and cash drawers.
• Proven skills in counting and bagging items purchased and pertinent bill generation.
My work experience at Macy’s has rendered me highly knowledgeable of precautions to take while dealing with chemicals and hazardous material. Well versed in PC skills, I believe I offer the very combination of skills, knowledge and expertise that Martin’s Super store requires at the moment.
If you could use a store worker who is determined to enhance the customer’s experience at Martin’s and possesses the exact skills you require to get the job done, call me now at (009) 333 – 2222. An interview with you will enable me to learn more about your expectations and to further relate my profile with the position at hand.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on