A managerial position is always hard to apply for because employers look for the best in prospective employees.
It stands to reason that when you apply for a department store manager position, for instance, you will need to convince a prospective employer that you are indeed the best. You can quickly do this using your resume.
Department store managers are required to work towards daily goals of achieving smooth operations and managing employees.
They are expected to acquire new accounts, ensure that present ones are serviced appropriately and guaranteeing a positive shopping experience for customers. They are provided with targets that they need to meet on a periodic basis which they attempt to achieve with the help of their staff.
Qualifying for this position entails a degree in business and some experience in a retail setting. If you possess both, you can begin writing a new resume or update the previous one using information from the following resume sample.
Department Store Manager Resume Example
690 Cantrell Road | Lawrence, KS 44444 | (000) 999-9999 | [Email]
DEPARTMENT STORE MANAGER
Dynamic leader with 17+ years’ experience working in diverse retail environments. Hands on experience in managing store operations and employees to meet and exceed goals. In-depth knowledge of training and deploying staff appropriately to engender positive customer relations. Proficient in handling bookkeeping duties and assisting with marketing projects.
|• Customer service
|• Personnel interview and selection
|• Sales and cash Management
|• Staff motivation and empowerment
|• Inventory control
|• Opening and or closing of the store
Macy’s, Lawrence, KS Mar 2008 – Present
Department Store Manager
• Build and develop staff who can achieve established goals.
• Establish and model exceptional customer service skills.
• Create and hand out employee schedules.
• Ensure that all employees are working towards goals.
• Recruit new hires and motivate to ensure a high-performance team.
• Cultivate long-term customer relations to ensure recurring business.
• Resolve customers’ problems and store issues.
• Increased customer base by 15% in three months utilizing excellent marketing activities.
• Ensured recurring business from existing clients by offering them discounts and deals on products.
Walmart, Lawrence, KS Jan 2000 – Mar 2008
Assistant Grocery Store Manager
• Supported store operations and procedures.
• Trained customer service representatives in carrying out their duties.
• Managed product advertising activities.
• Assisted in maintaining store displays.
• Provided support for managing personnel and payroll activities.
• Open and close the store in the absence of the store manager.
• Assisted the department store manager in helping the marketing manager.
• Reorganized the payroll system by incorporating an automated calculations system and reducing the payroll management time by half.
• Trained 30 newly hired staff members to perform their duties efficiently in a retail environment.
Kansas State University, Lawrence, KS
Bachelor of Business Administration – 2007