A store officer works in a retail environment and usually works as the right hand of the store manager.
S/he is expected to assist in managing a store and its employees to maximize customer services.
There are many aspects of a store officer’s job including vendor management, inventory control, and distribution along with ensuring that all daily tasks of the store are in order.
Store officers are often expected to manage some marketing tasks which is why they need to possess some knowledge of marketing activities.
A Bachelor’s degree in business is vital for this position and a well-written resume can help you get the job.
Stores Officer Resume Example
3019 Park Place
Brooklyn, NY 89000
Result-oriented Stores Officer with over 15 years of experience in store management. Proficient in managing the overall functioning of a retail environment. In-depth knowledge of facilitating daily operations of a store. A proven leader who ensures adequate shift coverage and develops employee readiness.
CORE SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Strong knowledge of the retail environment
• Ability to create liaison with varying vendors
• Excellent customer service skills and customer orientation
• Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques
• Analytic thinker with well-honed leadership skills
Banbury’s, Brooklyn, NY
Mar 2017 – Present
• Create and maintain employee schedules.
• Ensure customer satisfaction by assisting customers with product selections.
• Oversee cashier activities and credit management.
• Communicate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods.
• Manage inventory and supplies.
• Accurately maintain store records.
• Manage data entry activities as directed.
• Prepare delivery documents and ensure on-time delivery.
• Manage marketing activities as directed and store displays.
ABM Industries, NY
Feb 2006 – Jan 2017
• Ensured compliance with customer service orientation at the floor level.
• Assisted customers with queries and product selection.
• Directed customers to appropriate departments for their purchases.
• Expedited purchases by managing the purchase and payment processes.
• Maintained cleanliness of store at all times.
• Ensured the influx of supplies in a time-efficient manner.
Bachelor of Business Administration
New York State University, New York, NY