Retail store owners generally handle all details of their stores. This would include sales, marketing, training, placement, and even inventory and stocking.
If you have worked as a store owner for some time, and would now like to work in a similar capacity, your resume should be excellent.
A retail store owner’s resume must focus on the individual’s knowledge and experience of heading a retail store.
Any accomplishments such as sales increases must also be mentioned in the resume. Make your resume a solid read.
See also: Retail Store Manager Resume
Retail Store Owner Resume Sample
6920 5th Street, New Castle, DE54021
RETAIL STORE OWNER
Professional Retail Store Owner, with 8+ years of experience of overseeing the operations of a busy retail store. Proficient in obtaining business through excellent outreach and marketing skills. Proven ability to procure financing through investors. Expert in training personnel to handle sales and operations work in a productive manner.
Staff Training and Development | Scheduling
Customer Relations | Merchandize Handling
Visual Merchandizing | Pricing Policies Formulation
Inventory Maintenance | Financial Oversight
Security Implementation | Complaint Handling
Retail Store Owner
Anton Retail, New Castle, DE | 2015-present
• Implement a unique security system, as a result, decreased store loss by 45%
• Train 50+ sales individuals in handling sales, merchandising, and marketing work
• Greet customers as they arrive at the store
• Ensure that a sales representative is assigned to each customer
• Oversee delivery of services to customers
• Ensure operational functionality of the store
• Establish long lasting relationships with vendors and suppliers
• Follow up with vendors to ensure timely deliveries
City Retail Store, New Castle, DE| 2013-2015
• Assisted with visual merchandizing and marketing efforts
• Formulated pricing policies by checking competition
• Studied advertising and sales promotion plans
• Analyzed operating and financial statements
• Implemented loss prevention strategies
• Ensured a clean and safe environment for staff and customers
Macy’s, New Castle, DE| 2008-2013
• Assisted customers in choosing required items
• Demonstrated product features and benefits
• Performed upselling activities in order to meetsales goals
• Secured merchandize by implementing security measures
• Oversaw inventory levels
• Communicated low stock levels to store owners
Bachelor of Business Administration
New Castle Business School, New Castle, DE