A Retail Store Manager is responsible for ensuring that all operations inside a store are managed appropriately. They work in almost all industries and are responsible for ensuring that sales goals are met along with other important aspects.
To land a Retail Store Manager job successfully, the foremost thing you’ll need is an effective resume that highlights your leadership skills and experience in retail setting.
635 Northridge Drive ♦ Brandon, MS 71076 ♦ (999) 999-0129 ♦ [Email]
Retail Store Manager
Summary: 11+ years’ progressive experience working in retail environment. Proficient in overseeing store operations and achieving set goals, understanding marketplace needs and strategies needed to drive sales and ensuring proper merchandise presentation. Successful track record of controlling store expenses to maximize profitability. Effective skills in payroll planning and scheduling.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead employees
• Proven ability to hire, select and train the right candidates
• Able to meet retail sales goals
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven approach
• Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask
Store Manager | Hudson – Brandon, MS | 2/2009 – Present
• Hire and train a group of 10 people in the sales team to meet the need for new staff at the newly set up Hudson outlet
• Manage store operations by ensuring exceptional performance and excellent customer services
• Assist customers in all aspects of store services including handling complaints and inquiries
• Train and supervise employees to maximize sales and minimize complaints
Assistant Store Manager | Some Store – Brandon, MS | 2/2005 – 2/2009
• Created a set of strategies that helped minimize store costs by 12% thereby increased profits
• Ensured cash was manage efficiently and receipts were reconciled appropriately
• Managed weekly inventories
• Coordinates sales promotions and provide sales targets
The University of Brandon – Brandon, MS – 2004
BS Degree in Retail Management