One of the first questions that you will be asked at a retail clerk interview is what are your skills? Actually, to be able to get to the interview stage, you will have to highlight your skills in your resume and cover letter. Simply speaking, there is no way for you to get out of making your skills obvious. There are several ways in which your skills can be made to come to the surface, and convince a potential employer that you are worth every penny he is going to spend on you.
Skills make up most of resumes and cover letters for retail clerk position. They are the single most important part of both these documents. If you do not mention them, you risk losing work opportunities to someone who may not be as talented as you are, but did not forget to lay out a comprehensive skills section in her or his resume and cover letter.
There is simply no getting out of writing a dedicated section for your skills. Believe it or not, everything else will come secondary. Your experience and accomplishments are all direct results of your skills, and how you have used them. Convincing the employer that you are worth his time and money (through your skills) will take you places.
If you want to know how to mention your skills in a retail clerk resume (or even a cover letter), refer to the following list of skills statements for a retail clerk position:
• First-hand experience in determining customers’ specific buying needs and servicing them accordingly
• Exceptionally well-versed in greeting customers in a professional and pleasant manner to ensure repeat business opportunities
• Demonstrated expertise in creating long-term relationships with customers by providing them with exceptional services
• Proficient in assisting customers in locating their choice of merchandise and effectively demonstrating its features and attributes
• Highly experienced in leading customers through the purchasing procedure by totaling bills and levied discounts
• Effectively able to man the POS system in case of low staff instances, and process customers’ purchases in cash or credit
• Deeply familiar with activities to ensure that all purchases are properly bagged and timely delivered to customers’ vehicles
• Proficient in arranging for home deliveries to be made for large items by assisting customers through the booking system
• Documented success in managing and maintaining merchandise on shelves and ensuring that any expired or near expiry products are discarded according to company policy
• Adept at maintaining the outlook of the store by ensuring that all shelves, floors, display units and counters are kept constantly clean
• Exceptionally talented in assisting the marketing and sales teams in creating and maintaining visual merchandising displays