To qualify to work as a retail cashier, one has to possess a certain set of skills and talents. And this skill set must be communicated to a hiring manager through a resume.
As a retail cashier, you can say a lot about your skills and abilities including knowledge of operating POS systems and balancing cash registers.
There are many ways in which you can write your retail cashier skills and qualifications to impress upon the hiring manager that you are the best.
Making a list of your skills helps you do that. Make sure that this list highlights your knowledge of retail work and payment processing.
Then, you need to create statements to suggest that these skills make you an excellent person to consider for a retail cashier position.
Focus on your ability to manage transactions, and collect cash and credit card payments. Also, emphasize your knowledge of cross-selling products in order to meet personal, and company sales goals.
Some skills statements particular to a retail cashier resume are provided below:
Sample Skills for Retail Cashier for Resume
• Competent in managing transactions by using simple, as well as complex POS systems.
• Knowledge of scanning goods in order to ensure accurate prices.
• Able to process cash and credit card payments, and tendering change.
• Unmatched ability to issue receipts, and tickets.
• Effectively able to redeem stamps and coupons, and handle refunds and exchanges.
• Demonstrated ability to ensure the smooth efficient checkout of customers.
• Proficient in maintaining an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness, emphasizing fast and friendly services.
• Adept at operating check stand equipment including scanners, and scales, in order to process orders
• Unmatched ability to promote company programs, including warranty sales, and seasonal promotions.
• Proven ability to adhere to the company’s standard operating procedures to ensure constant compliance.
• Skilled in executing cash handling to standards, including drawer balancing.
• Well-versed in developing and maintaining good rapport with customers in order to ensure repeat business opportunities.
• Solid track record of effectively handling complaints, with a view to ensuring quick resolutions.
• Familiar with performing sales representation work, by assisting customers in making informed purchasing decisions.
• In-depth knowledge of handling cash drawer discrepancies, aimed at resolving them promptly.
• Hands-on experience in performing bagging and stocking work.
• Skilled in creating and maintaining accurate transaction reports.
• Expert at following store procedures regarding the sale of special items such as alcohol and cigarettes.
• Able to maintain a neat and clean workspace, in order to uphold the company’s image.