Retail chains usually hire many people on specific positions to ensure that the workflow remains smooth.
This is usually an entry-level position, but experienced people obtain additional compensation.
They are responsible for handling a wide variety of jobs in a store. From greeting customers to closing sales, they are required to do everything. It is essential for candidates applying for a retail sales clerk position to be knowledgeable about the importance of customer services and how the retail world works.
Although there are no formal education requirements to work as a retail sales clerk, employers prefer to hire individuals with a high school diploma or G.E.D.
Retails sales clerks often have to perform cashiering work which is why it is crucial for them to possess some basic knowledge of cash machines and bookkeeping activities.
Retail Sales Clerk Job Description for Resume
• Welcome customers and ask them how they may be helped
• Provide customers with information on products that they are looking for and where to find them
• Escort customers to aisles or shelves where their choice of products are located
• Assist customers in reaching items (especially those out of range)
• Demonstrate product features and provide customers with information on an article may be used or run
• Answer customers’ questions regarding products
• Assist customers in physically purchasing items by providing them with pricing information and ringing up sales
• Process cash and credit transactions and offer change
• Coordinate with delivery department to make sure that items ate packed and delivered on time and in a safe manner
• Assist customers in replacing or returning merchandise
• Cater to customers’ complaints and relay any severe complaints to the store manager
• Ensure that stocking activities are handled appropriately
• Make sure that any expired products are disposed of as per the company policy
• Ensure that all shelves are cleaned and tidied up on a constant basis
• Refold items such as clothes and make sure that they are displayed properly
• Make sure that the store is clean and safe for customers
• Provide customers with information on special deals and discounts
• Place price tags on items and prepare inventory of stock
• Ensure that any out of stock merchandise is ordered immediately
• Balance cash machines at the end of each shift and ensure that any discrepancies are managed immediately
Last updated on