If you are thinking of applying as a retail stock clerk, your resume should be written in a way that grabs the attention of the recruiter.
In order to build an effective retail stock clerk resume, you should focus on your relevant skills, experiences, and achievements.
Use power words such as fast learner, high achiever, quick adapter, and relationship builder to make a big impact on employers.
Based on these, let us go through 2 resume samples for a retail stock clerk position:
Retail Stock Clerk Resume Sample 1
47 Linden Street, Terre Haute, IN 45622
Retail Stock Clerk
Customer service-oriented Stock Clerk with exceptional insight into backend retail activities. A fast learner who is acknowledged for being able to work efficiently with inventory systems and manage stock in a busy retail environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of inspecting incoming merchandise for quality conformance.
• Expert in operating dollies and hand trucks to control and distribute merchandise to appropriate locations.
• Well versed in inventory tracking and display setup activities, with a special focus on correlating the two.
• Skilled at storing items in a neat and organized way so that they can be pulled with ease.
• Increased warehouse storage efficiency by 50% by setting up a “towering” storage system.
• Introduced an automated order pulling system that reduced order pulling time by 80%.
• Revamped the inventory system completely and increased its efficiency by 55% in the process.
• Decreased labeling costs by 80% by suggesting printing of labels in-house.
Retail Stock Clerk
Adecco, Terre Haute, IN
• Receive incoming merchandise and check for consistency with work orders
• Check the quality of each item
• Open received packs and separate items that need to be sent to the sales floor
• Arrange for the rest of the items to be taken to storage areas
• Maintain stock of inventory to determine if items need to be reordered
• Assist in organizing shelves with items on the sales floor
• Respond to customers’ questions regarding items and provide advice on merchandise selection
• Clean display shelves and arrange for new displays to be organized
• Itemize and total customers’ purchases and assist them through the payment procedures
• Assist customers in transporting their purchases to their vehicles
CORT Business Services, Terre Haute, IN
• Received and understood orders for pulling merchandise
• Located items in storage areas and pulled them out by hand or by using specialized equipment
• Compared item numbers to work orders to ensure conformity
• Transported pulled items to packaging areas and packed and labeled them
• Ensured that pulled orders were safely transported to the delivery palette
• Assisted in loading and arranging items safely into the delivery truck
Standsville High School, Terre Haute, IN – 2012
• Physical dexterity • Warehouse knowledge
• Merchandise display • Inventory control
• Requisition • Display setup
• Quality control • Code identification
• Order retrieval • Communication
Retail Stock Clerk Resume Example 2
5235 Reed Street
Ford Wayne, IN 12365
richand @ email . com
❖❖❖ RETAIL STOCK CLERK ❖❖❖
• 12+ years’ hands-on experience in marking and coding received stock and efficiently placing items on designated shelves.
• Exceptional customer services acumen, aimed at retaining existing business and acquiring new business opportunities.
• Focused on following the 4 Ps of marketing to effectively place products so that they are easily accessible to customers.
• Adept at storing and pricing merchandise displays and handling inventorying duties to identify low stock levels.
• Unmatched ability to provide tier-one customer services by providing product information and demonstration to assist customers in making quick purchasing decisions.
• Proven ability to design and set up merchandising displays in sync with promotional teams to ensure maximum customer interest.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Inventory Management • Merchandise Requisition
• Customer Support • Product Demonstrations
• Item Stocking • Visual Merchandising
• Storage Protocols • Back-stock Handling
• Product Movement • Inventory Replenishment
• Sales Record-keeping • Cash Handling
Retail Stock Clerk
MACY’S, Fort Wayne, IN
(5/2014 – Present)
• Receive merchandise from suppliers and compare work orders with items received
• Ensure that all received merchandise is carefully and immediately stored in appropriate storage areas
• Open boxes to determine the correct quantity and quality of received items
• Stock items on shelves according to company policies and marketing conventions
• Clean shelves on a daily basis and ensure that items are properly placed on them
• Assist customers in locating and choosing products and provide demonstrations where appropriate
• Provide customers with information on price and delivery options
• Lead customers through the purchasing process, ensuring that their items are packed or bagged properly and delivered to their cars
• Keep track of stock inventory and ensure that lows stock levels are immediately communicated to the procurement manager
• Communicate with suppliers and vendors to provide them with information on needed items
• Implemented the concept of “Marketing’s 4 Ps” which increased sales of the company’s prime product by 62%
• Reorganized the stock inventory system, thereby increasing the efficiency of information pulling by 50%
• Reined in a promotional campaign by effectively and efficiently setting up visual displays that attracted interest from the competition’s customers
• Exceeded sales targets on black friday by a whopping 100% by proactively selling sale items to last-minute shoppers
Retail Sales Associate
K-MART, Fort Wayne, IN
(10/2009 – 5/2014)
• Greeted customers and led or directed them to their desired items
• Provided product information and conducted demonstrations to provide customers with information on features
• Assisted customers throughout the purchasing procedure by leading them to cash counters and bagging their purchases and delivering them to their vehicles
• Offered customers with aftersales services and warrantee information
• Handled customers’ complaints and suggestions in a bid to retain customers and ensure repeat business
High School Diploma
FORT HIGH SCHOOL, Fort Wayne, IN – 2008