Restaurant Shift Manager Resume Tips
As a restaurant shift manager, your resume must sing praises for you.
Your resume must hold information such as skills, education, competencies, accomplishments, and experience.
Typically, a restaurant shift manager works in a leadership role.
This is why it is imperative that you highlight that you have the capacity to handle this work.
Since you will be overseeing other people’s work, you must make sure that you tell the recruiter that you have the capacity for this work.
Previous experience in a restaurant shift manager position or as a head waiter must be highlighted.
See also: Restaurant Shift Manager Cover Letter
To see how you can write a resume for a restaurant shift manager position, have a look at the following sample:
Restaurant Shift Manager Resume Example
28 Crosse Road
Rock Springs, WY22120
RESTAURANT SHIFT MANAGER
Experienced restaurant shift manager with extensive exposure to working in the foodservice industry. Equally adept at handling fast food and fine dining services. Demonstrated expertise in ensuring shift coverage, and expediting food service.
• Implemented a shift change system, which decreased problems associated with unfilled positions.
• Provided exceptional patron services, thereby, retaining 30 patrons in the face of intense competition.
• Introduced an order expediting system, decreasing order delivery time by 80%.
• Served 300 patrons at the same time, during an unusually busy day at work.
– Employee Management – Cash Handling
– Industry Standards – Cost Tracking
– Employee Scheduling – Patron Satisfaction
– Order Expediting – Complaint Handling
– Shift Cover – Resource Provision
– Vendor Relations – Training
Restaurant Shift Manager
Shake Shack, Rock Springs, WY
Dec 2016 – Present
• Check schedules in order to determine shift requirements.
• Create new schedules to ensure that all shifts are covered.
• Provide employees with heads up on everyday work processes.
• Ensure that all restaurant employees perform their work in a proper manner.
• Oversee order delivery in order to ensure good time management.
• Check prepared orders to ensure quality and quantity metrics are met.
Restaurant Shift Manager
ABC Restaurant, Rock Springs, WY
Jan 2013 – Dec 2016
• Oversaw restaurant operations such as cash management and customer service.
• Ensured the proper balancing of the cash drawer.
• Expedited orders by creating a solid link between kitchen and dining areas.
• Handled and resolved complaints with a view to retaining customers.
• Created effective liaison with vendors in order to ensure timely delivery of supplies.
Captain Cook’s, Rock Springs, WY
Oct 2008 – Jan 2013
• Oversaw the work of waiters and servers.
• Took and processed orders for food and drinks.
• Ensured that orders were timely and accurately delivered.
• Oversaw kitchen support tasks such as portion management.
• Created and implemented schedules for wait staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality
Rock Springs Hospitality School, Rock Springs, WY
Major: Food Service