Car jockeys or Vehicle Service Attendants usually work with car dealers and vehicle rental companies.
They play a crucial role in the dealership’s lot by inspecting and maintaining vehicles and keeping them clean and ready for sale/rent.
They are also responsible for picking up and dropping off passengers as per the requirements of the employer.
A car jockey is also known as a parking lot attendant and valet parker.
To become a successful Vehicle Service Attendant, the candidate should possess a customer-focused approach and some know-how of the general functioning of vehicles.
To get this job, you will need a well-written resume summarizing your relevant skills and capabilities.
See also: Car Wash Attendant Resume
The following car jockey resume example will help you make your resume stand out.
Car Jockey / Vehicle Service Attendant Resume Sample
11 Example Avenue
Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
CAR JOCKEY / VEHICLE SERVICE ATTENDANT
Success-driven and enthusiastic individual with 3 years of experience in maintaining, cleaning, and inspecting different kinds of vehicles. Track record of greeting clients and guests in a professional and friendly manner and providing excellent customer service. Familiar with local roads and city highways and expert in driving different types and sizes of vehicles.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Adept at conducting vehicle inspections
- Extremely capable of cleaning and maintaining vehicles
- Able to pick up and drop off customers
- Committed to performing general maintenance of the branch
Bubbles Car Wash, Edmonton, AB
Jun 2020 – Jan 2023
- Performed proper maintenance and cleaning of cars, increasing revenue by $5000 per month.
- Inspected, moved, and parked automobiles.
- Directed customers to parking areas.
- Collected and verified receipts.
- Returned vehicles to customers.
- Performed light cleaning.
- Deal with clients in a polite and friendly manner.
Vehicle Service Attendant
ABC Company, Edmonton, AB
Jan 2020 – Jun 2020
- Maintained a friendly and professional attitude that increased client base by 20%.
- Ensured customer satisfaction at all times.
- Guided customers in signing in their vehicles for servicing.
- Shifted the vehicles from the main floor to the parking area.
- Delivered vehicles to the auto-technician.
- Handed over vehicles back to customers after repairs and bill payment.
High School Diploma
Edmonton High School, Edmonton, AB
Current driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Experience working in a team-oriented environment
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Able to suggest and report any equipment that needs servicing or repairs
• Proven ability to speak and give customer service as required