The primary work of a car wash attendant is to make sure that all the customers coming into the facility are provided with the best of services, as far as car washing is concerned.
Car wash attendants are hired specifically to provide customers with information on available services and to guide their cars into the right places so that they can be prepped and washed.
To be considered eligible for this position, one has to possess a high school diploma or a GED equivalent at the very least. In addition to this, some exposure to the work is important, even though many car wash attendants are also hired at the entry-level.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are an absolute necessity while working in this position, as is the ability to create and maintain long-term relationships with customers.
You might come across instances of customer dissatisfaction, so you have to know exactly how to handle that, without letting the customer move on to the competition.
Are you looking for a Car Wash Attendant job?
You need a strong resume and cover letter to inspire the recruiter.
Here is a typical resume sample of a car wash attendant’s position.
This sample will help you while crafting your resume.
Sample Resume for Car Wash Attendant Position
4423 Valley Drive, Birmingham, AL 92541
stephen @ email . com
CAR WASH ATTENDANT
• 9+ years’ experience working as a car wash attendant
• Highly skilled in performing car washing services in keeping with the company’s standards
• Hands-on experience in managing and working with car washing equipment and detergents
• Proficient in providing administrative and cashier services to the facility
• Able to perform minor car repairs and light housekeeping duties
Car Wash Attendant
Macy’s Car Wash, Birmingham, AL
Jun 2015 – Present
• Wash and polish vehicles
• Vacuum and wax vehicles’ interior
• Drive cars through an automated car wash
• Mix car wash solutions
• Stand and stoop for long hours
• Adapt to diverse work environments
• Awarded Employee of the Year Award following positive customer feedback.
• Achieved first place in the car wash drive held for charity purposes.
Car Wash Attendant
ABC Company, Birmingham, AL
Aug 2012 – Jun 2015
• Maintained cleanliness of equipment and tools
• Rang up service sales
• Stocked shelves in an aesthetic manner
• Drove manual and automated transmission cars
• Utilized exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Worked in extreme weather conditions
High School Diploma
AA High School, Birmingham, AL
Car Wash Attendant Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet customers as they arrive at the car wash facility, and provide them with information on available services.
- Acquaint customers with pricing information, and timelines, according to the specific of chosen services.
- Provide customers with guidance regarding what services are required to detail their cars.
- Guide cars onto car wash ramps, or through automatic car washes, ensuring that their safety is kept in mind.
- Prep vehicles for the automatic car wash, by spraying cleaners onto them.
- Perform visual inspections of the condition of each car, to determine how much and what type of cleaning is required.
- Clean the front and the rear of each assigned car from the outside, ensuring that the paint job is not compromised.
- Clean cars from the inside, by using vacuum cleaners, buffers, and cloths, and ensure that polishing work is done properly.
- Provide customers with information on incurred expenses and take and process credit card and cash payments.
- Ensure that customers’ car logs are properly maintained, ensuring that information on provided services is included.
- Clean and maintain car wash equipment and tools on a regular basis, and in accordance with the policies of the company.
Car Wash Attendant Skills for Resume
- Customer engagement
- Information delivery
- Needs determination
- Cars examination and inspection
- Ramps or automatic car wash tracks
- Cars preparation
- Wash mechanisms
- Using brushes, sponges, and detergents.
- Dry cleaning
- Attention to detail
- Customer service
- Friendly demeanor
- Following instructions
- Professional and polite
- Time management
- Physical stamina