In order to apply for a switchboard operator job, you will need to write an attractive resume.
You can get ideas from the following sample in order to write a perfect resume.
Sample Resume for Switchboard Operator Position
6008 Cool Springs Road
Tate, GA 48975
A pleasant and courteous individual with great communication skills and over 5 years of experience in answering multi-line telephone systems. Proficient in efficiently routing incoming calls to appropriate departments and callers, and making outgoing ones according to company decorum. Ability to operate and maintain telephone switchboards.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• PABX Control
• Call Forwarding
• Message Relay
• Security Monitoring
• Customer Service
• Implemented a call tracking system to trace calls that come from unidentified sources, as part of the company’s security measures.
• Introduced the collect call module, resulting in decreased problems associated with customers’ outbound calls.
• Led the creation and maintenance of online telephone directories, resulting in an 80% decrease in number finding time.
TASB Inc., Tate, GA
6/2015 – Present
• Receive incoming calls
• Appropriately greet callers and inquire into their purpose of calling.
• Provide preliminary information regarding the company’s services and products.
• Transfer calls to appropriate persons and departments within the company.
• Take messages from callers in cases of unavailability of recipients and ensure that they are relayed to them as soon as possible.
• Attempt to resolve callers’ problems over the telephone and escalate problematic issues to concerned individuals.
• Greet and direct customers and visitors to designated personnel within the organization.
• Make outbound calls according to specific instructions provided by employees.
• Maintain logs of incoming and outgoing calls and handle records-keeping duties.
• Handle typing and data entry duties and correct and update electronic telephone directories.
Front Desk Associate
Graybar Electric, Tate, GA
1/2010 – 6/2015
• Greeted customers and visitors and assisted them by providing information or directing them to the right departments.
• Serviced incoming calls by answering questions and relaying messages to intended recipients.
• Operated switchboards to transfer incoming calls and outbound calls according to employees’ specific instructions.
• Handled record-keeping duties by efficiently following data integrity and confidentiality procedures.
• Performed photocopying and scanning duties, along with distributing documents to staff members.
High School Diploma – 2008
St. James’ High School, Tate, GA