Hospital switchboard operators work as the first point of contact in a hospital.
They take phone calls on the telephone exchange of the hospital and manage them appropriately by transferring calls to different departments and persons and providing information to them.
They also assist callers with information on basic hospital services and also guide them who they need to talk to.
As a hospital switchboard operator you need to nave excellent communication skills and a presence of mind. If you possess both these qualities, you are suitable for this position.
Use the following resume sample to apply for a Hospital Switchboard job.
Hospital Switchboard Operator Resume Example
84 Surrey Drive, Hurricane, WV 90322
Cell: (000) 857-2541, Email:
HOSPITAL SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR
11+ years’ progressive experience in hospital switchboard management. A track record of operating the telephone switchboard in a friendly manner and providing authorized information to callers. Multitasking and communication strengths with proven ability to monitor the attendance of providers and directors.
Knowhow of disaster procedures and responds in accordance with established procedures. Proficient in monitoring alarm signals, and answering emergency calls. Critical thinker with decisive judgment and the ability to work collaboratively with minimal supervision.
• Ringmaster and portable radios
• Paging system
• Physician on-call scheduling
• Professional telephone etiquette
• Conflict resolution
Serenity Health Center, Hurricane, WV | Mar 2007 – Present
• Take telephone calls from different sources
• Transfer and direct calls in an appropriate manner
• Provide information to callers on important features of the hospital
• Record calls for quality maintenance purposes
• Route emergency calls in a speedy manner
• Take written message and route in an appropriate manner
• Arrange for conference calls as and when required
Serenity Health Center, Hurricane, WV | Feb 2006 – Jan 2007
• Assisted patients in daily grooming and feeding
• Read to patients and provided physical support and emotional comfort
• Assisted in the emergency room
• Provided information to visitors as needed
• Ensured patients take medication in a timely manner
• Operated PABX as and when needed
Diploma: Hurricane High School, Hurricane, WV – 2005
Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
“I bring great attention to details with complete accuracy.”