A skills-based or functional resume for a child caregiver or nanny position is suitable for career changers and entry-level job seekers with no experience in hand.
When writing this kind of resume, you should mention your enthusiasm to work for children of all ages on a continuing and flexible basis at the employer’s residence.
In your resume, you should emphasize the transferable skills you would bring to the prospective family.
The resume example given below is very suitable for entry-level candidates changing their careers or fresh graduates with no prior experience in this field.
Sample Skills-Based Resume for Child Caregiver and Nanny Job
332 Example Street, Austin, TX 25210
CHILD CAREGIVER / NANNY
Loving, fun, and nurturing childcare professional with extensive knowledge of advanced care techniques. Well-versed in managing the needs of children of age up to 12 years. Incredibly flexible (24/7) individual who enjoys extensive traveling. Possess strong references. CPR/First Aid trained.
• Known for turning daily tasks into life-changing experiences
• Adept at running errands and doing laundry
• Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Current Texas driver’s license
|• Meals Preparation|
• Recreational Activities
• Behavior Management
• Activities Conduction
|• Bathing / Clothing|
• Toilet Training
• Diaper Changing
• Materials Preparation
AA Agency, Houston, TX
Aug 2012 – Present
• Manage children’s activities and care for them at the employer’s home
• Bath, cloth, and nourish infants and children
• Prepare formulas, and change diapers for infants
• Watch over children’s activities during meals and rest periods
• Involve children in activities such as games, crafts, reading, and outings to give fun and exercise
ABC Company, Houston, TX
May 2012 – Aug 2012
• Prepared and served meals for children
• Performed housekeeping duties
• Observed kids and made reports for agency
• Took toddlers to and from school and to appointments
Houston High School, Houston, TX
Enclosed (You should provide three professional or educational references on a separate sheet)
See also: Nanny Cover Letter