A medical typist resume is a piece of the paper summarizing your qualifications and experience.
As a matter of fact, it is tough to come up with one that will inspire the potential employers to call you in an interview.
It is imperative to get some guidance before you build a resume for a medical typist position.
A Medical Typist resume is a self-promotional document, and it must highlight your most selling skills and competencies.
Order of Information
Information regarding your skills and achievements must be presented in order of the employer’s interest.
Effective resumes focus on accomplishments that communicate what the client is capable of doing in the future instead of enlisting detailed job responsibilities held in the past.
Below is a medical typist resume sample for further guidance in this regard.
See also: Cover Letter for Medical Typist Resume
Medical Typist Resume Sample
844 Riverside Ave
Houston, TX 45002
david @ email .com
Results-oriented, accurate typist with a track record of typing, recordkeeping, and database management in the medical field. Outgoing personality with a proven ability to acquire required information quickly and precisely. Working experience of management and maintenance of patient data records. Special talent for ensuring data integrity and confidentiality. Fully familiar with medical terminology and abbreviations.
|– Data Entry
– Database Management
– Bill Generation
– Record Keeping
– Information Verification
– Medical Coding
|– Case Filing
– Data Confidentiality
– Insurance Processing
– Dictaphone Typing
– History Taking
– Audio Typing
• Enhanced overall data accuracy by 60% through implementation of highly effective and foolproof data crosschecking routines.
• Implemented ‘win-scribe’ software that reduced manual effort in data reconciliation by 30% while doubling data validity.
• Considerably reduced insurance authentication processing time by leveraging effective priority parameters in determining and verifying various insurance claims against availed services.
FRONTLINE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, Houston, TX (4/2011-Present)
• Decipher medically coded information and determine what needs to be transcribed for data entry
• Verify the information to be entered from various sources before entering it into the system
• Enter and update patient’s insurance information and authenticate insurance claims against provided treatments
HAYES MEDICAL CENTRE, Houston, TX (6/2009-3/2011)
• Entered confidential medical information into the database through Dictaphone sources
• Entertained telephonic queries of clients and doctors seeking specific medical information and procedure pricing details
• Collected and entered patient information to maintain an updated patient database
ST. CLAIRE’S SCHOOL, Houston, TX, 2009
• Typing Speed: 60 WPM
• Experience in dictaphone based audio typing
• Bilingual: English/Spanish