Your resume for the Medical Scheduler position is the most important part of your job application set.
It is usually a one-page document that sells your skills and qualifications to a healthcare facility where you want to work.
How to Write a Professional Medical Scheduler Resume?
- Write your major qualifications in a way that spark the interest of the reader.
- Keep your resume short and concise.
- Give only job-specific relevant information.
- If your experience is not related to medical scheduling job, just mention your nonrelevant tasks shortly in the ‘Employment History’ or ‘Other Experiences’ section.
See also: Medical Scheduler Objectives
The following example will help you with writing or update your resume for a medical scheduler position.
Medical Scheduler Resume Example
365 Example Ave, Tulsa, OK 63521
Bringing excellent customer care skills, scheduling abilities, and medical field experience.
Customer service-oriented Medical Scheduler with 7+ years of experience in scheduling appointments and providing customer service in the healthcare environment. Highly skilled in handling patient procedures, checking in and outpatients, and verifying insurance. Extremely organized with the ability to maintain calendars and register patients speedily and correctly. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Competent at making patient care charts and recording patient histories
- Well versed in typing and filing of documents
- Substantial knowledge of medical insurance plans
- Proven ability to maintain self-control when dealing with aggressive patients or difficult situations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and telephone etiquette
Southwestern Regional Medical Center – Tulsa, OK
2011 – Present
- Schedule the time and exams for patients
- Perform pre-registration procedures
- Enter information into the system for appointment scheduling, rescheduling, and cancellation
- Perform pre-registration, faxes report, scan documents, and punch clinical data
- Handle customer service associated requests, communicate preparations, and handle callbacks
- Coordinate legal records requests and perform a variety of other clerical tasks
- Answer incoming calls politely and expertly
- Place calls to referring physicians for patients expressing complexity with scheduling
- Identify patients with particular needs and solve problems accordingly
- Update account information at the point of scheduling
- Fax and scan documents
Dupage Medical Group – Downers Grove, IL
2010 – 2011
- Scheduled, confirmed, and rescheduled patient appointments
- Answered calls took messages, and routed to suitable staff
- Verified the client demographic and insurance information
- Recorded changes to make sure patients are registered under their present health plan
- Updated the provider program and availability
- Communicated and interacted with all departments effectively and competently
- Maintained patients privacy
Some Grocery Store, Downers Grove, IL | 2009
Child Care Worker
BAA Company, Downers Grove, IL | 2007
High School Diploma
Some School, Downers Grove, IL
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and MediTouch
English and Spanish