Medical Scheduler Resume Writing Tips
Your resume for Medical Scheduler position is the most important part of your job application set. It is usually a one page document that sells your skills and qualifications to a healthcare facility where you want to work.
Write your major qualifications in a way that spark the interest of the reader.
Keep it short and concise. Give only job specific relevant information; if you have experience not related to medical scheduling job, just mention shortly in the ‘Employment History’ or ‘Other Experiences’ section.
The following example will help you with writing or updating your resume for medical scheduler position.
Medical Scheduler Resume Example
365 Example Ave, Tulsa, OK 63521
Contact #, Email Address
Bringing excellent customer care skills, scheduling abilities and medical field experience.
Customer service-oriented Medical Scheduler with 7+ years’ experience in scheduling appointments and providing customer service in healthcare environment. Highly skilled in scheduling patient procedures, checking in and out patients and verifying insurance. Extremely organized with the ability to maintain calendars and register patients speedily and correctly. Time management and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Familiar with medical terminology
• Competent at making patient care charts and recording patient histories
• Well versed in typing and filing of documents
• Substantial knowledge of medical insurance plans
• Proven ability to maintain self control when dealing with aggressive patients or difficult situations
Southwestern Regional Medical Center – Tulsa, OK
Scheduler | May 2011 – Present
• Schedule the time and exams for patients
• Perform pre-registration procedures
• Enter information in system for appointment scheduling, rescheduling and cancellation
• Perform pre-registration, faxes report, scan documents and punch clinical data
• Handle customer service associated requests, communicate preparations and handle call backs
• Coordinate legal records requests and perform a variety of other clerical tasks
• Answer incoming calls in a polite and expert manner
• Place calls to referring physicians for patients expressing complexity with scheduling
• Identify patients with particular needs and solve problems accordingly
• Update account information at the point of scheduling
• Fax and scan documents
Dupage Medical Group – Downers Grove, IL
Medical Scheduler | Jan 2010 – May 2011
• Scheduled, confirmed, and rescheduled patient appointments
• Answered calls took messages, and routed to suitable staff
• Verified client demographic and insurance information
• Recorded changes to make sure patients are registered under their present health plan
• Updated provider program and availability
• Communicated and interacted with all departments effectively and competently
• Maintained the patient privacy
Grocery Clerk | Some Grocery Store, Downers Grove, IL | Summer 2009
Babysitter | ABC Babysitting Company, Downers Grove, IL | Summer 2007
High School Diploma: Some School, Downers Grove, IL – 2009
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and telephone etiquette
• Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and MediTouch
• Languages: English and Spanish