Your resume for the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) position is a brief overview of your skills, qualifications, and experiences.
It serves as a marketing tool that sells your abilities in terms of patient care and medical facility management.
How to Write a Perfect Resume for Certified Medical Assistant Job?
• Write your resume in accordance with the job description given by the employer in the advertisement.
• Craft a concise yet comprehensive document containing brief information on your most relevant qualifications and experiences.
• Write your skills, experiences, and education, using keywords and medical terminology. It will help you get scrutinized in computerized shortlisting.
• Each word and phrase in your resume should be written in a way that demonstrates your expertise in the medical assisting arena.
• Send a CMA Cover letter along with your resume.
See also: Medical Assistant Resume No Experience
Certified Medical Assistant Resume Sample
58 Bloor Street, Canton, MS 65287
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Bringing exceptional patient care and administrative skills to help improve the efficiency of the facility.
Energetic and target-oriented Medical Assistant with + years’ progressively responsible experience. Adept at taking and recording vital signs, blood pressure, temperature, height, and weight. Competent at documenting the care provided in the patient’s medical record. Assists patients with exams and minor procedures and maintains a safe environment for patients and staff.
• Patient needs determination
• Preparing/Screening patients
• Physiological status monitoring
• Files and records maintenance
• Surgeries assistance
• Front desk and clerical support
• Treatment rooms preparation
• Medical terminology
• Patient education
• Obtaining information
• Tests and treatments scheduling
• Specimen collection
Certified Medical Assistant
MADISON RIVER OAKS MEDICAL CENTER – Canton, MS
May 2018 – Present
- Greet patients and obtain their medical history and relevant information
- Provide direct patient care in keeping with the patient’s condition and age
- Help in the collection of data such as biological, psychological, social, and cultural factors
- Screen patients and assist them with medical treatment
- Ensure patients comfort and prepare them for examination
- Oversee medications per specified policies and procedures
- Reinforce patient education as provided by the physician
- Identify patient problems and create the plan of care as directed by the Physician or RN
- Stock treatment rooms with necessary equipment and instruments
- Strictly adhere to healthcare facility policies and procedures
DUPAGE MEDICAL GROUP – Glen Ellyn, IL
Jan 2010 – May 2018
- Ensured the comfort of patients and provided timely attention to them
- Conducted all regular procedures such as hearing and visual examinations
- Assisted physicians in healthcare activities and minor surgeries
- Greeted patients during medical part of their visit
- Created and maintained medical records and documentation
- Scheduled treatment, care, and diagnostic tests
- Collected and labeled specimens
- Helped patients with examinations and procedures
- Obtained vital signs
- Received and screened telephone calls
- Created and organized patient files and records
- Provided information to patients and families on departmental policies and procedures
City Store, Glen Ellyn, IL | 2009
• Provided exceptional customer service and resolved issues of customers
Child Care Specialist
ABC CARE, Glen Ellyn, IL | Summer 2008
• Cared for children of different ages at employers’ home
Canton Community College, Canton, MS | 2009
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
• Medical Assistant Certification through AMT (American Medical Technologists)
• ARMA, and BLS
• First aid and CPR
American Association of Medical Assistants: AAMA