Your resume for Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) position is a brief overview of your skills, qualifications and experiences in accordance with the job description given by employer in the advertisement.
It serves as a marketing tool that sells your abilities in terms of patient care and medical facility management.
CMA Resume Tips
• Craft a concise yet comprehensive document containing brief information of your most relevant qualifications and experiences.
• Write your skills, experiences and education using keywords and medical terminology. It will help you get scrutinized in computerized shortlisting.
• Each word and phrase in your resume should be written in way which demonstrate your expertise in medical assisting arena.
• Send a CMA Cover letter along with your resume.
Certified Medical Assistant Resume Example
58 Bloor Street ● Canton, MS 65287 ● Cellular: 584-898-9999 ● anna.smith @ email . com
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Bringing exceptional patient care and clerical skills to help improve the efficiency of facility.
Energetic and target-oriented Medical Assistant with 7+ years’ progressively responsible experience. Adept at taking and recording vital signs, blood pressure, temperature, height, and weight. Competent at documenting care provided in the patient’s medical record. Assists patients with exams and minor procedures and maintains a safe environment for patients and staff.
Core Skills & Competencies
|• Patient needs determination||• Treatment rooms preparation|
|• Preparing/Screening patients||• Medical terminology|
|• Physiological status monitoring||• Patient education|
|• First aid and CPR||• Obtaining information from patients|
|• Minor surgeries/physicals assistance||• Tests and treatments scheduling|
|• Files and records maintenance||• Specimen collection|
|• Front desk and clerical support||• Supplies stocking and maintenance|
MADISON RIVER OAKS MEDICAL CENTER – Canton, MS | May 2013 – Present
Certified Medical Assistant
• Greet patients and obtain their medical history and relevant information
• Provide direct patient care in keeping with the patient’s condition and age
• Help in collection of data such as biological, psychological, social, and cultural factors
• Screen patients and assist them with medical treatment
• Ensure patients comfort and prepare them for examination
• Oversee medications per specified policies and procedures
• Reinforce patient education as provided by the physician
• Identify patient problems and create the plan of care as directed by the Physician or RN
• Stock treatment rooms with necessary equipment and instruments
• Strictly adhere to healthcare facility policies and procedures
DUPAGE MEDICAL GROUP – Glen Ellyn, IL | Jan 2010 – May 2013
• Ensured comfort of patients and provided timely attention to them
• Conducted all regular procedures such as hearing and visual examinations
• Assisted physicians in healthcare activities and minor surgeries
• Greeted patients during medical part of their visit
• Created and maintained medical records and documentation
• Scheduled treatment, care and diagnostic tests
• Collected and labeled specimens
• Helped patients with examinations and procedures
• Obtained vital signs
• Received and screened telephone calls
• Created and organized patient files and records
• Provided information to patients and families on departmental policies and procedures
Grocery Clerk | City Store, Glen Ellyn, IL | 2009
• Provided exceptional customer service and resolved issues of customers
Babysitter | ABC CARE, Glen Ellyn, IL | Summer 2008
• Cared for children of different ages at employers’ home
Canton Community Cillege, Canton, MS | 2009
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
• Medical Assistant Certification through AMT (American Medial Technologists)
• CPR, ARMA and BLS
American Association of Medical Assistants: AAMA
“I take challenging responsibilities of examination, diagnostic and treatment room.”
Last updated on