Gone are those days when people had one resume and sent it everywhere they applied; generic resumes are now outdated. Today’s job market demands target resumes, crafted for a specific position, tailored to fit the specific job descriptions.
The resume of a medical office administrator differs in many aspects from that of an office administrator. The position of a medical office administrator requires a candidate to possess ample knowledge of medical tasks.
Therefore, a resume targeting this position must highlight not only the administrative qualities but also the medical assistance expertise possessed by the applicant.
Medical Office Administrator Resume Sample
Apt 38 High Towers, Manhattan, NY 06654
martin.jacques @ email . com
MEDICAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Proven leader with exceptional medical assistance skills and managerial expertise can come in handy for the benefit of the institute. Administrative qualities include; record-keeping, maintaining patient files, and providing medical assistance to doctors. Excellent ICT and communication skills, with the ability to converse fluently in English and Spanish.
• Vital signs, preparing and administering calculated medicine dosages Medical assistance
• Knowledge of state-approved medical insurance policies
• MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
Medical Office Administrator
Care More, Manhattan NY
Sep 2012 – Nov 2020
• Issued medical appointments in person, on phone, and via e-mail
• Scheduled follow-ups visits for patients
• Received all payments, documented them, and posted to the bank at day closing
• Explained treatment plans to Spanish speaking patients
• Assisted senior doctors in medical procedures by preparing medicines, bandaging, administering injectable medicines, and recording levels like blood pressure, sugar, and temperature
• Forwarded all employee’s monthly pay-roll for approval
• Answered patient’s telephonic queries regarding treatment
• Supervised and ensured timely sterilization of medical instruments
• Monitored the domestic staff in maintaining a neat and clean atmosphere throughout the institute, especially in the reception area and procedure rooms
AA Walk Campaign Office, Derek Drive NY
May 2011 – Sep 2012
• Assisted the office in administrative tasks for the 26th annual healthcare Walk
• Enrolled volunteer candidates to join the campaign
• Kept records of all funds raised, their sources, and where they were spent
• Made AIDS awareness presentations at various places during the campaign
• Interacted with patients and their families, compiled relevant case studies accordingly
Everest Institute, Rochester NY | 2010
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting