Due to tough competition in the job market these days, a need has arisen for resumes that instill excitement. An ordinary resume, just stating your experience, skills and education is as dull as a blank page. If the resume is not engaging, unique and exciting; chances are, the recruiter might not even read it till the end!
Today’s on-target resumes should speak for the candidate, flaunting the job relevant skills and expertise while also showcasing the experience very tactfully so as the employer sees the relevance among the current job posting and past experience at once!
Terminal Manager Resume Example
867 Ring Towers | Aurora, IL 96508 | (099) 222-1111 | george.adams @ email . com
A highly motivated individual with 9+ years’ experience in terminal procedures, routing, scheduling and safety policies. Matchless reasoning ability, extraordinary communication skills and team leading ability. Possessing an energetic personality; with problem solving skills and an demonstrated ability to multitask.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in supervising routing, time scheduling, load distribution, ticketing, cargo and loading/unloading
• Knowledge of freight classification guidelines and ability to inculcate the same among new staff
• Well versed in documentation and filing
• In depth knowledge of general working and state approved safety policies for heavy vehicle terminals
• Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire a multicultural team
Terminal Manager | Oct 2007 – Present
Supra Bus Service, Crawford, IL
• Supervise and manage routing, time scheduling and dispatching of all busses at the terminal.
• Ensure implementation of state approved terminal safety policy.
• Train new employees and drivers regarding documentation and reading the route schedules.
• Coordinate with any terminals and update any delays or road conditions on the news feed panel.
• Ensure customer care, supervise ticketing and timely loading and unloading of cargo goods.
• Communicate with drivers, customers and staff on duty to resolve any issues.
• Report any technical issues with the vehicles to management in order to keep the busses up to date and fully functional.
Operations Manager | June 2004 – Sep 2007
Midwest Truck Terminal, Aurora, IL
• Managed high volume traffic of trucks and trailers while recording each arrival and departure at the terminal accurately.
• Supervised the budgeting and logistics of the terminal.
• Documented all goods movement to and from the terminal.
• Implemented state approved safety guidelines.
• Reported any violation or over carriage to higher authorities.
Bachelor’s in Logistics
University of Illinois, Aurora, IL (2004)
• Expert user of MS Office Applications
• Ability to move along in a team
• Matchless knowledge of terminal operations
Last updated on