Medical assistants work under the supervision of physicians. They are responsible for working closely with doctors, nurses, and patients in order to provide them with timely service.
In addition, they offer assistantship to physicians by performing administrative as well as necessary clinical work.
What is a Skills Resume for Medical Assistant Position?
A skills-based resume for a Medical Assistant position is the best option if you are an entry-level new graduate with no prior experience, or returning to employment after being jobless for a while, or changing your career.
In a skills-based or functional resume, you emphasize your relevant skills and accomplishments that will be valuable to the prospective employer rather than focusing on work experience or employment history.
A Medical Assistant skills resume contains a targeted objective and list of bullet skills phrases.
In fact, this kind of resume work magically to increase your chances of getting an interview.
As an illustration, below is an example of skills resumes for a medical assistant.
Medical Assistant Skills Resume Example
1 Braswell St # 32, Knightdale, NC 66353
Seeking a position as a Medical Assistant with Green Care utilizing administrative expertise, communication skills, and clinical background in order to manage the functions of the facility while increasing patient satisfaction.
• Over 5 months’ practical experience working as a Medical Assistant
• BLS Certified
• Providing care services to patients
• Coordinating with nursing staff with attention to care procedures
• Performing medical billing and coding procedures
• Computer: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
|– Filing insurance forms||– Taking and recording vital signs|
|– Scheduling appointments||– Medical terminology|
|– Patient follow-up||– Procedures and exams assistance|
|– Room preparation||– Giving injections|
|– Supplies management||– Lab testing / Phlebotomy|
|– Phone triage||– Patient education|
Medical Assistant Intern
Family Health Clinic, Knightdale, NC | Jan 2018 – Jun 2018
• Prepared patients for examination procedures
• Took and recorded vitals, as well as height and weight
• Took and interpreted clinical examinations and procedures
• Administered medication and shots
• Assisted doctors with clinical and medical procedures
• Assisted medical staff in educating patients and families
• Obtained laboratory samples and completed paperwork
Knightdale City College, Knightdale, NC
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting – 2006
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Good time management
• Great attention to detail
• Computer savvy