The purpose of a medical assistant resume is to present a brief and concise summary of your medical assisting skills, work experience, education, and strengths.
This 1-2 page document needs to highlight what you would bring to the prospective employer and entice the recruiter to know more about you in an interview.
How to Write a Great Resume for Medical Assistant Job?
- Provide information about your skills and experiences in an appealing format.
- Write short bullet points under different sections.
- Caters to the specific needs of the employer by reading the job description.
- Use simple and plain fonts (Verdana, Arial, or Times New Roman.)
- Use bold and capital words for section headings.
- Re-read and proofread many times before making a finalized version of your resume.
You can write your resume in your own words by utilizing the examples (based on experience) below.
Medical Assistant Resume Sample 1
Experience: 15+ Years
Greenville, MS 51937
sarah.bliss @ email . com
♦♦♦ MEDICAL ASSISTANT ♦♦♦
“I am committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards.“
Exceptionally well-trained Medical Assistant with 15+ years of proven track record of handling patient care work and administrative duties side by side. Well-versed in managing appointments according to doctors’ schedules, owing to an exceptional ability to juggle work duties. A passionate individual who prepares patients for medical examinations and counsels them by transmitting physician’s orders and questions regarding medical examinations and surgeries. Documented success in preparing and administering medication by following doctors’ orders and facility rules strictly.
City Medical Center, Greenville, MS
3/2015 – Present
• Write a patient’s handbook containing information regarding specific medical procedures and examinations that the facility provides.
• Revamp the existing medical records system by converting it into an electronic form.
• Greet patients as they arrive at the facility and provide them with the information that they are looking for.
• Respond to queries regarding medical examinations and procedures.
• Assist patients in registering with the facility by helping out in filling forms.
• Take and record insurance information from patients and ensure that all patient data is correctly entered into the facility database.
• Schedule appointments over the telephone and in person and provide reminders to patients about their appointments.
Some Clinic, Greenville, MS
3/2008 – 3/2015
• Decreased administrative supplies cost by $ 4000 per month by suggesting bulk procurement from local suppliers.
• Increased patient appointment scheduling efficiency by 50% by introducing (and self-training) a dedicated medical practice scheduling system.
• Assisted physicians with treatments and patient examination activities.
• Ensured that treatment and examination rooms are properly prepared prior to patients’ arrival.
• Interviewed patients to determine their medical histories and recorded vitals such as blood pressure, pulse, and temperature.
• Educated patients on different procedures and outcomes and ensured that they understand them prior to the procedure.
Medical Assisting Extern
Elim Care, Greenville, MS
5/2006 – 3/2008
• Welcomed patients and responded to their inquiries.
• Assisted in filling out admission and insurance forms.
• Provided information regarding available medical facilities.
• Scheduled appointments and contacted patients for appointment reminders.
• Created and maintained liaison with suppliers to procure medical supplies and equipment.
• Performed data entry work such as punching in patient information in the facility database.
AS Degree in Medical Assisting
Keiser University, Greenville, MS
– Anatomy and Physiology
– Laboratory Procedures
– Medical Office Management
Mississippi State Certified Medical Assistant
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Clinical Procedures
- Medicine Administering
- Patient Education
- Medical Coding
- Data Entry
- Medical Records Management
- Patient Preparation
- Equipment Use
- Patient Observation
- Medical Terminology
Medical Assistant Resume Sample 2
Experience: 10-15 Years
555 Richmond Hill Street
Vaughan, ON D9V 6V9
sara.chris @ email . com
Bringing a high level of energy, great attention to detail, and exceptional problem-solving skills.
Patient-focused and compassionate Medical Assistant with more than 11 years of progressively responsible experience in busy healthcare settings. Well-versed in providing basic medical support, taking medical histories, and performing clerical tasks. A friendly and active individual who is known for providing excellent customer service to visitors, patients, and families. Bilingual: English/French.
CORE MEDICAL ASSISTING SKILLS
✓ Scheduling appointments ✓ Taking vitals
✓ Exam room preparation ✓ Drawing blood
✓ Medical terminology ✓ Ordering supplies
✓ Administering injections ✓ Communication
✓ Customer service
ABC Hospital, Toronto, ON
2016 – present
- Take patients’ medical histories and record vitals
- Prepare patients for examinations
- Assist physicians throughout examinations
- Dispose of used supplies
- Sterilize medical instruments
- Instruct patients regarding medications and special diets
- Give details of medical procedures to patients
- Collect and arrange laboratory specimens
- Perform basic laboratory tests
St. Paul Clinic, Windsor, ON
2012 – 2016
- Organized examination room instruments and apparatus
- Took electrocardiograms, eliminate sutures, and change dressings of patients
- Kept waiting and examining rooms orderly and clean
- Obtained and maintained supplies and equipment
- Prepared and administered medications
- Approved drug refills and telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy
- Drew blood and prepare patients for x-rays
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
City College, Windsor, ON
Current BLS and CPR
• MS Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Medical Assistant Resume Sample 3
Experience: 5-10 Years
Mary Hamilton, LPN
212 5th Street
Kalona, IA 87660
Detail-oriented and organized Medical Assistant with 6+ years of hands-on experience in interviewing patients, taking and recording their history, measuring vital signs, and recording accurate information on patients’ charts. Demonstrated ability to perform phlebotomy and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. A sensible healthcare professional who works collaboratively under tight deadlines to meet the goals of the organization. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Certified Medical Assistant through the AAMA
• BLS and CPR Certified
• Computer: MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Deeply familiar with medical terminology
• Specialized courses in ICD-9 and CPT coding
• Phlebotomy • Surgeries assistance
• EMR • Examination support
• Patient education • IV administration
• Drug screening • Vital signs
• Biopsy • Medications dispensing
• Billing and coding • Appointments scheduling
• Data entry: 60 WPM • Files maintenance
• Recordkeeping • Insurance liaison
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Green Family Care Hospital – Kalona, IA
Jul 2019 – Present
• Prepare patients for examination and treatments
• Administer injections and apply dressings
• Maintain supplies and equipment including keeping them clean and sterilized
• Schedule lab tests
• Complete patient documentation
• Update patient files and records
• Assisted surgeons to perform complex surgery successfully.
• Offered a full-time position as a Medical Service Assistant due to exceptional work duties performed.
Green Family Care Hospital – Kalona, IA
Jan 2016 – Jul 2019
• Pulled and filed patient medical records
• Prepared patient medical records
• Organized lab results and patient records
• Collated fact sheets and other information for patients
High School Diploma
Kalona Public School, Kalona, IA – 2008
• Cheerful and pleasant disposition
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Profound ability to react calmly yet professionally in emergency situations
Medical Assistant Resume Sample 4
Experience: 1-5 Years
38 Depot Road
Falmouth, DE 77633
• 3 years of progressive experience working as a Medical Assistant.
• Track record of providing effective and timely clinical support to a unit of doctors.
• Well-versed in preparing examination rooms and managing patient scheduling.
• Expert in providing basic patient care and managing treatment instruments and equipment.
• Excellent know-how of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSE
• Current LPN License
• Reorganized patient scheduling by introducing an up-to-date appointments system.
• Centralized patient records for easy retrieval from both doctor’s office and the reception.
Sava Healthcare – Falmouth, DE
May 2022 – Present
• Obtain, verify, and record patient information
• Provide basic patient care
• Document assessments, interventions, and responses
• Manage patient scheduling and filing
• Perform basic lab procedures including venipuncture and capillary punctures
• Greet patients and provide basic facility and service information
Campbell Clinic – Germantown, TN
Sep 2019 – May 2022
• Assisted physicians in all areas of the clinic
• Scheduled patient tests and surgeries
• Called patients from the reception area
• Obtained information from patients to aid the physician
• Performed suture removal
• Changed dressings
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
Technical College, Germantown, TN
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work on a rotating shift
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Proficient in computer and Internet