Certified medical assistants are administrative professionals who work under the supervision of physicians to provide the office with administrative and medical support.
They also provide direct patient care by taking their clinical and medical histories, preparing patients for examinations and providing them with information on clinical and medical procedures.
The administrative aspect of certified medical assistants requires them to fill out insurance forms and schedule appointments along with many other office work duties. They are expected to be graduates of an accredited medical assistant program in order to be able to apply for this position.
The following is a resume sample of a certified medical assistant for students looking to apply in this regard.
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) Resume Template for Students
920 Court Street • Edenton, NC 63211
Certified Medical Assistant
A highly motivated individual trained in performing clinical and administrative duties to meet the objective of primary health care. Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision in terms of both clinical procedures and administrative. Excellent knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment procedures along with a strong background in applying medical expertise in a clinical setting.
– Current State of North Carolina Department of Health Certification
– Certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants
Associate of Science in Medical Assisting (Ongoing)
Edenton Technical College, Edenton, NC
CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
– Top of the Dean’s List
– On-Campus Laboratory Supervisor
– Volunteered services for the clean drive
– Provided voluntary services for Edenton Old Age Home
OTHER RELATED SKILLS
– Excellent communication skills
– Exceptional ability to work in a clinical setting
– Knowledge of patient education principles
– Ability to relate effectively with coworkers
– Good organizational skills