The purpose of a medical assistant resume is to present a brief and concise summary of your medical assisting skills, work experience, education, and strengths.
This 1-2 page document needs to highlight what you would bring to the prospective employer and entice the recruiter to know more about you in an interview.
A good resume for the Medical Assistant position:
- Provides relevant information in an appealing format
- Is short with small bullet points
- Caters to the specific needs of each employer
- Reflects your skills, expertise, and potential
How to Write a Medical Assistant Resume?
- Choose a format that sells you best i.e. chronological format for the highly experienced and functional format for less experienced applicants.
- Use simple and plain fonts (Verdana, Arial or Times New Roman.)
- Use bold and capital words for section headings.
- Re-read and proofread many times before making a finalized version of your resume.
- Print on a high-quality resume paper.
- Do not staple or fold pages of your resume.
Craft your resume in your own words utilizing the example below.
Medical Assistant Resume Example
Mary Hamilton, LPN
212 5th Street | Kalona, IA 87660 | (000) 366-2510 | Email
Detail-oriented and organized Medical Assistant with 11+ years of hands-on experience in interviewing patients, taking and recording their history, measuring vital signs and recording accurate information on patients’ charts. Demonstrated ability to perform phlebotomy and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. A sensible healthcare professional who works collaboratively under tight deadlines to meet the goals of the organization. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Certified Medical Assistant through the AAMA
• BLS and CPR Certified
• Computer: MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Deeply familiar with medical terminology
• Specialized courses in ICD-9 and CPT coding
• Surgeries assistance
• Examination support
• Patient education
|• IV administration
• Drug screening
• Vital signs
• Medications dispensing
• Billing and coding
• Appointments scheduling
• Data entry: 60 WPM
• Files maintenance
• Insurance liaison
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Green Family Care Hospital – Kalona, IA | Jul 2012 – Present
• Prepare patients for examination and treatments
• Administer injections and apply dressings
• Maintain supplies and equipment including keeping them clean and sterilized
• Schedule lab tests
• Complete patient documentation
• Update patient files and records
• Assisted surgeons to perform a complex surgery successfully.
• Offered a full-time position as a Medical Service Assistant due to exceptional work duties performed.
Green Family Care Hospital – Kalona, IA | Jan 2008 – Jul 2012
• Pulled and filed patient medical records
• Prepared patient medical records
• Organized lab results and patient records
• Collated fact sheets and other information for patients
High School Diploma
Kalona Public School, Kalona, IA – 2008
• Cheerful and pleasant disposition
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Profound ability to react calmly yet professionally in emergency situations
- Medical Assistant Skills Resume Sample
- Entry Level Medical Assistant Resume No Experience
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter No Experience
- Top Skills for Medical Assistant Resume