A golden tip for writing a medical clerk’s resume is to lead with your accomplishments and strengths.
Since employers usually skim a resume for 10-20 seconds, it is recommended to begin with, an impressive profile summary statement containing the whole overview of your resume.
This not only saves the employer’s time but also helps in creating a highly favorable impression right at the beginning, thus motivating the employer to continue reading the rest of the document.
In order to develop an impressive summary of your candidacy, use some strong adjectives and industry-specific buzz words. These will make you sound more professional and competent.
Sample Medical Clerk Resume with Summary
918 Beverley Lane, Sugar Land, TX 54333
❖❖ MEDICAL CLERK ❖❖
Ambitious and self-reliant professional with diverse experience in clinical and secretarial roles. Track record of ensuring the smooth running of the medical records department and medical billing operations. AS Degree in Medical Assisting. BLS and CPR Certified. Registered Health Information Technician, AHA.
• Proficient in all activities related to maintaining the integrity and acquisition of medical records
• Capable of adhering to the Patient Privacy Act by maintaining the confidentiality of records
• Upbeat, courteous personality with a helpful attitude towards patients, colleagues, and admin
• Exceptional organizational, record keeping and communication skills
✔ Telephone etiquette
✔ Customer service
✔ Family education
✔ Patient charting/documentation
✔ MS Office
✔ Vital signs
✔ Dressing change
St. Luke’s Health, Sugar Land, TX
Mar 2017 – Present
- Enter, retrieve, sort, and assemble medical records into the prescribed order
- Maintain patient and doctor logs and submit statistic data timely to the billing department
- Guide the patients regarding the processing of insurance claims
- Process and deliver ToT’s
- Introduced a quick and accurate user-friendly patient data entry software capable of compiling patient services given at various departments which reduced manual effort by 30%
- Earned the award of ‘most dedicated employee’ in 2012
Brook Dale Clinic, Sugar Land, TX
Sep 2009 – Mar 2017
- Coordinated acquisition of medical records from various departments
- Generated medical bills and invoices against services delivered
- Directed patients to the required department/procedure room for treatment
- Implemented a computerized inventory system to ensure timely notifications and reminders issuance for restocking office and clinic supplies
AS Degree in Medical Assisting
Texas Community College, Sugar Land, TX, 2008
• Functional knowledge of IDS Chart-Tracking printers
• Ability to pull and lift 50 lbs
• Multilingual (English, French, Spanish)