Medical Records Clerks perform essential functions in a hospital or health facility as they are responsible for managing patient records and medical logs.
They are required to keep in constant communication with healthcare professionals to ensure that the information they have is accurate and up to date.
These days, medical records clerks are trained in electronic media so that they can keep up with the technology needs of a facility.
A Resume for a Medical Records Clerk is a formal document that is used by candidates to create a sense of who they are and what they have done in past which will be beneficial for the prospective employer.
While there is no need to put your complete career history on your resume, what is included must be relevant and to-the-point. Read the following tips, review the sample resume below to build your resume in the most compelling form.
Medical Records Clerk Resume Writing Tips
• Use a plain font with a size of 11-12 point.
• As a rule of thumb, your resume should be written on a single page. If you have a long history of related experiences, you can extend it to two pages.
• It should contain short and attractive bullet statements.
• Use active verbs to build the experience section of your resume.
• Use present tense for current job and past tense for previous employment.
489 Apopka Boulevard ● Apopka, FL 83930 ● (010) 000-9999 ● Email
Highly motivated Medical Records Clerk with 4 years’ solid track record of retrieving and pulling medical records for hospital units; filing, troubleshooting and processing transcriptions. Highly skilled in preparation and maintenance of medical and statistical reports in line with the medical and institutional requirements. A detailed oriented individual who works well independently as well as collaboratively. Sound knowledge of medical terminology.
• Quick and adept at gathering and recording patients’ demographic data
• Hands on experience in managing master patient indexes
• Functional knowledge of chart mark off procedures
• Conversant with providing clerical support to numerous processes
Medical Records Clerk | Soliant Care, Apopka, FL | Mar 2011 – Present
• Compile, verify and record patient records and medical history.
• Review medical records to ensure correctness and completeness.
• Retrieve and deliver medical records requested by facility professionals.
• Compile data such as demographic information and treatments administered.
• Code records and manage laboratory tests posting to records.
• Filed complete medical records in the minimum time.
• Maintained a 99% accuracy rate in the filing of loose reports.
Office Intern | Florida Healthcare, Apopka, FL | Sep 2010 – Mar 2011
• Assisted inpatient admission procedures.
• Collected demographic data and recorded appropriately.
• Retrieved data and delivered files.
Apopka Community College, Apopka, FL – 2005
Associate’s Degree in Office Management
• Familiar with electronic medical records management
• Sound knowledge of office equipment
• Exceptional data entry and multitasking skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong eye for detail
Last updated on