Store managers are responsible for overseeing and organizing the overall operations of a store.
It may include employee hiring, work scheduling, cash management, and marketing and sales.
They are provided with individual sales targets that they are expected to meet by coordinating the efforts of their team.
Store managers are expected to work well in every facet to increase sales while maximizing customer satisfaction.
When store managers are interviewed, particular attention is paid to their resumes as prospective employers want that just the right combination of skills set is evident.
That is why applicants for store manager positions need to focus on their sales insight and customer retention skills when writing a resume.
People applying for a store manager position will be required to write resumes befitting the challenges of this position.
Related: Store Manager Cover Letter
The resume sample below will provide you with information on how to write a resume for this position.
Store Manager Resume Example
656 Malone Street, Bow, NH 63738
Staff Motivation | Team Empowerment | Customer Service
A dynamic retail leader with 10+ years’ track record of success in all aspects of store management. Extensive experience in team selection, building, and development Recognized for achieving the financial objectives of the store by managing budgets and expenditures. Ability to identify market trends and variances to formulate pricing policies and determine the need for sales promotion.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Vendor Negotiation
• Strategic Planning
• Team Building
• Niche Marketing
• Sales Techniques
• Market Research
• Competitor Analysis
• Product Launch
• Retail Management
• Customer Service
Dollar Tree, Bow, NH
Mar 2013 – Present
• Formulate a plan to market the store’s merchandise efficiently by studying advertising trends and target markets
• Train three groups of newly hired staff members to provide excellence in customer services
• Manage store operations on a daily basis
• Determine staff schedules and ensure that all staff members are following their schedules
• Ensure the recruiting and training of new staff members
• Provide ongoing training to staff members
• Offer consultative sales advice to customers
Dollar Tree, Bow, NH
Jan 2011 – Mar 2013
• Ensure that all individual sales goals were met
• Kept abreast of market trends and competitor information
• Assisted in loss prevention
• Resolved customers’ complaints
• Oversaw cash register transactions and provided light bookkeeping services
Assistant Store Manager
Walmart, Bow, NH
Jan 2005 – Dec 2010
• Assisted customers by providing them with comprehensive product information
• Accompanied customers to the right aisle and introduced them to a sales representative
• Assisted the store manager in handling store operations by hiring and training staff and providing assistance in schedule planning
• Maintained store inventory and ensured that items are stocked properly
• Maintained budgets and assisted in managing limited accounting functions
BS (Hons) in Management
Newtown University, Bow, NH | 2002
Majors: Retail Management
- Store Manager Achievements
- Retail Store Manager Resume Sample
- Clothing Store Manager Resume
- Department Store Manager Resume Sample
- Convenience Store Manager Resume