Resumes for the retail store manager position are about a candidate’s professional journey, so they need to be written with great care.
This will not be too difficult if you pay special attention to each area of your resume.
It is important to create an engaging resume summary, which is the key to giving an employer reason to read the rest of your resume.
In your resume for a retail store manager’s position, you should concentrate on your leadership abilities, retail experience, and core competencies.
The following example of a retail store manager’s resume includes a summary that may interest you.
See also: Retail Manager Cover Letter
Retail Store Manager Resume with Summary
63 West Ave, New York, NY 10035
❖❖ RETAIL STORE MANAGER ❖❖
Top-performing retail management professional with 8+ years’ outstanding track record of success in diverse retail assignments. Client-focused, self-motivated, and driven individual who has a proven record of exceeding sales targets and handling retail store operations effectively by employing presentation and negotiation skills. Strong interpersonal skills and trustworthy ethical behavior aimed at managing both assets and employees.
|– Staff hiring and development|
– Risk management
– Cash supervision
– Business development
– Budget management
– Sales and advertising
|– Inventory/expense control|
– Merchandising techniques
– Client relations
– Financial management
– Policies implementation
• Increased the store’s customer base by 77% in 2013 by employing nest customer service practices.
• Met retail sales goals at 100% consistently between the years 2013 and 2018.
• Decreased the stores fixed costs 50% by introducing alternative energy sources.
• Trained 15 sales representatives to achieve the sales goals in 2 years successfully.
• Restructured merchandise display which increased sales per month by 40000$.
PROFESSIONAL RETAIL EXPERIENCE
Retail Store Manager
T-Mobile, New York, NY | 2011-present
• Handle store operations by ensuring that everything runs smoothly
• Greet customers and direct sales representatives to assist them
• Maintain store staff by interviewing, selecting, hiring and training employees
• Provide orientation to employees and provide them with their financial objectives
• Identify customer requirements by studying trends and employing corresponding tactics to meet those requirements
• Ensure that store supplies are available at all times and handle inventory requirements
• Assist in formulating pricing policies and make sure that each item in the store has an updated price tagged on it
• Ensure that each and all company goals are met continuously
Retail Sales Representative
CVS Caremax, New York, NY | 2008-2011
• Greeted customers as they arrived at the store and assisted them by locating their choice of aisle or product
• Provided customers with information on products and their features
• Assisted customers in making purchasing decisions
• Took customers through the payment procedures and packed items
• Explained after sales service to customers and provided them with information on how to claim them
• Made follow up calls to customers to determine purchase satisfaction and resolve any problems
Marketing major with Retail Management minor
NEW CITY COLLEGE, New York, NY
• Flexible schedule
• Bilingual: English, Spanish
• Computer: MS Office applications, Retail software, POS