When you write a resume for a special events manager position, you have to write it in a “special” manner.
Since you will be handling details of people’s enjoyment days, you will have to be good at everything you do.
Hiring managers typically look for specific information in the Special Events Manager resume – information that will help them decide that this person will be able to handle the diversity that this job requires.
Penning down your resume becomes a little challenging with this position. But then, the entire work is challenging so you will know the importance of overcoming the resume writing part.
Make sure that you give it all that you have.
And let us help you with this resume sample for a special events manager position:
Special Events Manager Resume Sample
563 Park Avenue
Brookings, SD 45271
❖❖ Special Events Manager ❖❖
Over a decade of experience in managing special events including weddings, birthdays, parties, corporate events, and seminars. Adept at coordinating the details of each event to ensure that the result is in sync with specified instructions. Hands-on experience in developing and implementing special events plans by following specific instructions of clients
• Well-versed in coordinating several aspects of events planning such as procurement of supplies and venue booking.
• Proficient in researching markets to identify opportunities for corporate and private events.
• Competent at ensuring that insurance, legal, and health and safety obligations are adhered to.
Special Events Manager
Tropicana Entertainment, Columbia, SC
(1/2015 to Present)
• Confer with clients to determine their needs for organizing special events.
• Provide information regarding special events hosted by the company such as concerts, parties, launches, and weddings.
• Discuss clients’ budgets and provide them with information regarding what details will fit within that budget.
• Create and submit proposals according to each client’s specific needs and budgets.
• Contact vendors and suppliers to procure supplies and equipment to handle the details of each event.
• Oversee the setup and breakdown of each event and ensure that no item is unaccounted for.
• Handle catering needs of the event by contacting on-panel caterers and striking deals with them.
• Look through different sites and pick up suitable ones as venues.
• Hire, train and deploy staff members to handle the various aspects of an event.
• Promote events using flyers and ensuring presence on social media sites.
• Ascertain that all vendors are timely paid for their involvement in the event.
• Successfully organized and led the first-ever Lupus Awareness Walk in Columbia.
• Organized three major events (a concert, a birthday party, and a seminar) simultaneously and received accolades for all three.
The Pops, Columbia, SC
(11/2004 to 12/2015)
• Interviewed clients to determine their specific event management needs.
• Provided them with advice on how to go about their special days.
• Discussed budgets and ensured that all preparations are done remaining within the budget.
• Procured supplies and choose venues according to the type of event in question.
• Ensured proper setup and breakdown of each event.
• Assisted in handling the promotion and marketing of public events.
• Decreased supplies cost by 70% by recycling props used in previous events
• Increased company popularity in the events management zone by indulging in fast-paced marketing activities
Associate of Arts in Hospitality Management
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Columbia, SC – 2003
• Market research
• Proposal writing
• Event promotion
• Post-event evaluation
• Set-up and break-down
• Vendor relations
• Media relations
• Promotional materials
• Cost predictions
• Budget management
• Problem solving