Before building a resume for event coordinator position, keep in mind that its purpose is to inspire the employer and get an interview.
You can grab the hiring manager’s interest by showcasing your relevant expertise, qualifications, skills, experience and personal attributes that you have developed through your professional experience and education.
Events Coordinator Resume Formats
Chronological: Suitable for very experienced event coordinators with fewer gaps in professional life.
Functional: Emphasizes on relevant skills and attributes. Suitable for entry level candidates, students, career changers or people who have broad gaps in employment.
Combination: It is a combination of Chronological and Functional formats. It emphasizes on relevant experiences as well as expertise.
Here is an example of a well-written resume for event coordinator position that you can customize to make your own.
Related: Event Coordinator Cover Letter
Event Coordinator Resume Sample
|27 Example Ave ♦ Los Angeles, CA 96647
000.222.3333 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org
❖❖ EVENT COORDINATOR ❖❖
Reliably managing successful multi-level events through feasible vendor contracts and exceptional administrative work.
Dedicated and highly-motivated professional with over ten years’ firsthand experience in coordination and planning of large and small events. Solid track record of setting-up and executing successful events within limited budget and managing many functions simultaneously. Demonstrated ability to negotiate and secure contracts by effective communication with stakeholders. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
|– Event Marketing||– Venue Selection||– Ordering Supplies|
|– F&B Arrangement||– Vendor Negotiation||– Decoration|
|– Information Gathering||– Script Development||– Travel Arrangement|
|– Procurement||– Event Safety||– Reports Preparation|
|ABC Entertainment – Los Angeles, CA||Mar 2008 – Present|
• Introduce a marketing campaign that brought in many corporate customers.
• Attain Best Event Planner of the year award in 2010.
• Plan and execute successful events for individuals and corporate clients.
• Ensure material and workforce is available for any events in progress.
• Advise clients on setup options.
• Provide clients with estimates of the cost of events.
• Maintain liaison with caterers and managers.
|Garrison Institute – Garrison, NY||Jun 2006 – Mar 2008|
• Timely collected, maintained and delivered event and equipment materials which resulted in a decrease in customer complaints from 20 to less than five complaints per month.
• Entered event information through scheduling database that significantly enhanced efficiency.
• Represented the company on the telephone and at events.
• Met, greeted and directed guests.
• Set-up table, linen, and decorations.
• Designed, created, distributed and removed event signage.
Associate of Arts in Event Management – 2002
St Peter’s Community College – Los Angeles, CA
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Social Media Interaction
Last updated on