Before building a resume for an event coordinator position, keep in mind that its purpose is to inspire the employer and get an interview.
You can grab the hiring manager’s interest by showcasing your relevant expertise, qualifications, skills, experience, and personal attributes that you have developed through your professional experience and education.
Here are 2 examples of resumes for an event coordinator position that you can customize to make your own.
Related: Event Coordinator Cover Letter
Event Coordinator Resume Sample 1
27 Example Ave
Los Angeles, CA 96647
❖❖ EVENTS COORDINATOR ❖❖
Reliably managing successful multi-level events through feasible vendor contracts and exceptional administrative work.
Dedicated and highly-motivated professional with over 6 years’ firsthand experience in coordination and planning of large and small events. Solid track record of setting up and executing successful events within a limited budget and managing many functions simultaneously. Demonstrated ability to negotiate and secure contracts by effective communication with stakeholders. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
ABC Entertainment – Los Angeles, CA
Mar 2018 – Present
• Introduced a marketing campaign that brought in many corporate customers.
• Attained the “Best Event Planner” of the year award in 2021.
• Plan and execute successful events for individuals and corporate clients
• Ensure material and workforce is available for any events in progress
• Advise clients on setup options
• Provide clients with estimates of the cost of events
• Maintain liaison with caterers and managers
Garrison Institute – Garrison, NY
Jun 2014 – Mar 2018
• Timely collected, maintained, and delivered event and equipment materials which resulted in a decrease in customer complaints from 20 to less than five complaints per month.
• Entered event information through a scheduling database that significantly enhanced efficiency
• Represented the company on the telephone and at events.
• Met, greeted, and directed guests
• Set up table, linen, and decorations
• Designed, created, distributed, and removed event signage
Associate of Arts in Event Management
St Peter’s Community College – Los Angeles, CA – 2002
• MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Social Media Interaction
Event Coordinator Resume Sample 2
783 Santa Fe Avenue
Alamosa, CO 10298
Creative and resourceful Event Coordinator with 11-plus-years of experience in coordinating small and large events including weddings, parties, product launches, seminars, and board meetings. Effectively able to handle intricate details of functions to ensure the success of each event. Exceptional talent for negotiating space contracts and booking event space according to the specific requirements of the clients.
ACHIEVEMENTS AS AN EVENT COORDINATOR
• Increased revenues by $5000 per month by bringing the company to current event management markets.
• Simultaneously handled the details of 3 special events, without a single glitch in any of them.
• Introduced five new inexpensive caterers to the company, thereby reducing the operational cost by $60000 per annum.
• Coordinated the details of a massive 5-day Star Trek-themed wedding, a one of its kind event in the state.
PROCORE TECHNOLOGIES, Alamosa, CO
(2015 – Present)
• Confer with clients to determine their specific event handling needs
• Decipher clients’ budgets and provide them with choices on what fits their budgets
• Assist clients in determining the need for space and logistics
• Assess appropriate spaces for particular events and provide feedback to clients
• Prepare contracts for clients and hired services according to company policies
• Book venues and talent such as musicians, bands, and disk jockeys
• Initiate and coordinate efforts to promote upcoming events
• Select caterers and assist clients in choosing food and beverage items
• Design and edit promotional materials such as flyers and assist clients in choosing invitation designs
• Create invitee lists and ensure that the client vets them
• Ensure that all logistics are coordinated properly on the day of the event
• Assist in the setup and tear down of each event by ensuring that every detail is in order • Install appropriate decorations
• Handle light bookkeeping duties such as cash handling and reporting
• Perform research to determine competitors’ work and standards
Event Management Assistant
CUBOC CORPORATION, Alamosa, CO
(2008 – 2015)
• Performed research to assess market trends and provided feedback to the event coordinator
• Interviewed clients to determine their event management needs
• Actively looked for spaces/venues for different types of events
• Negotiated rent to ensure conformance to clients’ budgets
• Assisted in preparing proposals and contracts
• Coordinated efforts to procure services of caterers and decorators
• Assisted in the setup and tear down of each event
Bachelor’s Degree in Event Management
State University, Alamosa, CO
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS AS AN EVENT COORDINATOR
– Contract Negotiation – Food Service
– Banner Designing – Proposal Creation
– Event Layouts – Facility Inspection
– Sponsorship Promotion – Team Support
– Vendor Relations – Post-event Evaluation
– Market Research – Event Scheduling