Working as an office manager requires exceptional administration and leadership skills.
When a recruiter goes through a resume, he or she pays special attention to the accomplishments section so as to determine what the candidate is capable of doing at the workplace.
In fact, the way office manager achievement statements are placed in a resume, or even a cover letter decides if the candidate will be considered or not.
An office manager’s achievements may be to the tune of successfully managing assigned areas, consequently increasing efficiency.
It is important to state at least 4 achievement statements in an office manager resume if you want to gain attention.
Here are some sample achievements and accomplishments statements to add to an office manager resume.
Sample Accomplishments for Office Manager Resume
- Implemented a series of novel office practices, increasing efficiency by 60%.
- Devised a unique correspondence system, decreasing communication gaps by 50%.
- Introduced the concept of index filing, thereby, increasing filing efficiency by 50%.
- Singlehandedly managed operations of 3 offshore offices for 1 year.
- Wrote an informative booklet on administrative management, now being used as a training tool.
- Trained 50+ individuals to work on support roles, as part of their induction program.
- Improved ties with agencies and customers consequently by implementing unique communications and outreach initiatives.
- Achieved great success in implementing office procedures and regulations in 4 state offices.
- Successfully replaced old office supplies inventory with a new, more efficient one.
- Implemented a new tier-1 greeting system that increased customers’ interest by 50%.
- Singlehandedly developed and implemented an employee scheduling plan, consequently, increasing work efficiency by 60%.
- Supervised 3 marketing project modules, resulting in high outreach.
- Streamlined vendor relations, as a result, obtained a 25% discount on all purchases.
- Received “Employee of the Month Award” for 4 months in a row, owing to exceptional office management acumen.
- Reduced supplies cost by $4000 per month by bringing an inexpensive but quality supplier on board.
- Met procedure implementation deadlines consistently for 3 years, thereby, receiving accolades from higher management.
- Promoted to the position of office manager after only 6 months on the job, due to exceptional contribution to the organization.