Hiring managers prefer to hire those IT managers who have some achievements in their name.
If you are applying for the IT manager job, you must make sure that you mention your IT management achievements.
Whatever you have done, which has had a considerable positive effect on the company is considered an achievement.
As an IT manager, your accomplishments might include setting up a network system in record time or training many people to work within the IT department.
As an individual who has had many successes, there is very little chance that you may not be considered for the position.
One important thing that you must keep in mind when writing achievement statements on an IT manager resume is to offer numbers and symbols. A percentage increase in system efficiency (an IT system that you are handling) is one way to provide this information.
Here are some examples of key achievements for an IT manager position:
Sample Accomplishments for IT Manager Resume
- Implemented a wireless communication system, replacing the old, inefficient LAN.
- Introduced the concept of preventative system maintenance, as a result, decreased breakdowns by 65%.
- Devised a unique data monitoring system, hence, increasing data integrity by 55%.
- Successfully updated all assigned systems (50+ in number), within the provided timeline of 5 days.
- Implemented a system audit plan, thereby, decreasing downtime by 80%.
- Trained 100+ personnel to work in information technology, as part of their induction period.
- Singlehandedly implemented an information technology security system, consequently, increasing security by 50%.
- Reduced software development costs by 50%, by developing in-house software to help with sales and tracking.
- Streamlined all major servers, resulting in improved data transfer between stations.
- Won Employee of the Month title for 6 months in a row, owing to exceptional contribution.
- Resolved a particularly difficult system problem, which had been in limbo for 2 weeks.
- Successfully implemented a MAN between 5 offices in different cities.
- Increased employee satisfaction rate by 100% providing them with stable systems to work on.
- Launched 4 websites at the same time, receiving high accolades from the management.
- Singlehandedly troubleshot a particularly difficult virus removal problem, ensuring 0 downtimes.
- Met software and hardware upgrade deadlines consistently for the last 5 years.